Password

Album Review
Magnolia Electric Co. - Josephine Album Cover

Magnolia Electric Co. - Josephine

Reviewed by
Magnolia Electric Co. - Josephine
Record Label: Secretly Canadian Records
Release Date: July 21, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
10:47 AM on 07/30/09
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
soooooo under rated
10:48 AM on 07/30/09
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
User Info.
Not sure about that Okkervil River mention. Probably should have thrown Neil Young into that mix, that's probably the most obvious riyl.
11:33 AM on 07/30/09
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Not sure about that Okkervil River mention. Probably should have thrown Neil Young into that mix, that's probably the most obvious riyl.
I can't argue with that. As a whole, it's probably a better comparison. I'm not exactly sure where my RIYLs come from, other than that it's the same place my reviews come from. Thoughts just kind of pop out and I write them down withouth analyzing them too much. After listening to this album yesterday, I had "Starry Stairs" stuck in my head, without me hearing it. Something about this record obviously made me think about it, but I've no idea why.
11:36 AM on 07/30/09
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
User Info.
I can't argue with that. As a whole, it's probably a better comparison. I'm not exactly sure where my RIYLs come from, other than that it's the same place my reviews come from. Thoughts just kind of pop out and I write them down withouth analyzing them too much. After listening to this album yesterday, I had "Starry Stairs" stuck in my head, without me hearing it. Something about this record obviously made me think about it, but I've no idea why.
You might be right, I've only heard like one song from this so far. Still need to pick it up. I was just going from past MEC material. I didn't comment on the review because I only skimmed. Will go back and read it once I've listened to the album and formed an opinion.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos