1. How did you get your band name?
Our friend came up with the name and donated it to us. We wracked our minds for some time before he came through, band names are tough.
2. How did this band get started?
Bobby and I have been writing and performing songs together in various different bands since we were 15. We started originally because I begged him to be in a band with me. The Promise Hero got together when our previous band fizzled out.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Nothing in particular anymore since me and Bobby have such opposite tastes. We're influenced by trying to write the most perfectly assembled pop song we can. The aesthetic of our sound is just a melting pot of pop punk bands from the late 90's and early 00's.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
The Beatles. They had fun.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I'd probably be a cat because they're kind of like me already. They sleep all day and never get a job to help out with rent. The kicker is that they probably don't feel guilty about it like I do.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I submitted one to a contest to get in one of those games before. It was 'the Difference Between Us' off of our EP because that song has pretty busy guitar parts. It would be harder on five-star expert than it would be to actually play it on a real guitar. I dont think we ended up winning that contest.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My dad, mom, brother, band mates, and Mike Hollins at our label. Winning a Grammy would be sweet.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nothing. It's too busy changing itself.
10. Memorable tour experience?
When me, Jeff, and Bobby smoked with someone's African tiger in Beaumont, Texas. Seriously, a Tiger!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
If it's not on AP.net, it didn't happen. I check the site often and it's very humbling when they post about us. It really does put a smile on my face.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Favorite song to play live by us is Sweetheart. Other than that I always seem to find myself playing Alameda by Elliott Smith.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
NY, summer time shy.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Temptations, Miles Davis, and all the 90's golden era hip hop.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? It would have to be being invisible. Not in a creepy way. It's a good one to have because you don't have to answer for having a super power because no one can see it.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"? I'm not sure if we ever will since its such an abstract term. There are just goals that we try to build off of. A few cool things have happened that I never thought would, though. Baby steps, ya know? We'll have made it when Bobby's girlfriend cheating on him with me gets 1,000 + replies on absolutepunk - that's the next goal.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
My older brother is the best MC in Ohio.
18. What's your favorite holiday? Chanukkah - there are 8 days as opposed to the format of one day that most holidays subscribe to. It's a no brainer
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write songs, play drums, think, drink beers, watch Cavaliers basketball, read.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I am a very good beer pong player.