The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
What Happened In Vegas - [myspace] [ap.net profile]
1. How did you get your band name?
If we told you we'd have to kill you. Lame answer right? We really don't want to tell anyone so we choose to create mystery instead. This interview is off to a great start isn't it?
2. How did this band get started?
This is exactly what happened: Aaron and Nick used to jam in their friend's basement. Aaron instant messaged Steve about joining the band and Steve recalls Aaron having some sort of cookie for his buddy icon. The three of them went through a gazillion other members. Ron was in a former band with Aaron and decided he would be the new bass player. Ron brought along Billy to fill the 2nd guitarist spot. Tada! Recipe complete.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Taking Back Sunday, Blink182, Paramore, New Found Glory, Blink 182, and any other band that does a music video featuring naked band members.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
We would tour with Blink182 because want to share the stage with them. They're the reason we started playing music and the only reason we continue. Seriously.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A worm. We don't even like furry animals. Worms are way cooler.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We'd like to think we have our own sound and some people will dig it. There's really nothing more than the fact that we love to play. If we could do this for a living that would be awesome and is certainly our goal, but other than that we just want to play and hang out with new fans and friends.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
The song we would choose is "Attention Attention". We'd like to think it would be pretty hard to 5 star, but not as hard as some Meshuggah song or something.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
It's all about the fans.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The fact that too many generic, copy-cat bands get so much attention when talented bands that put the work into it get little support and success. We're working to hopefully change this.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Hunting for a bear with a fan's Dad
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great music community website where fans can find out so much info about bands they love. We're on there easily everyday. Maybe twice a day...maybe.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our favorite song to play is "In A Sense...You're Innocent" because of all the breakdowns and two-step parts.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Road trips to Florida.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Everyone has a different musical background so we all go into spontaneous daydreams cued up by random late nineties pop punk and early nineties garage rock.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Have you ever seen Orgasmo? Even though the orgasmo ray isn't a super power, I believe we could put it to good use.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"? No, definitely not. Not at all.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our drummer has a breast implant.
18. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas. We love Christmas shows.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Our bass player makes a mean mac'n'cheese.
My friend allowed What Happened In Vegas to stay at their house after a show and these guys are complete ass holes.
really? one of my close friends had them stay at her house after my band played with them about 2 weeks or so ago, and she said they were some of the nicest, coolest guys she'd ever met. she said it made her summer. she was so happy about it and loved it.
and they put on a solid show. i didn't actually talk to any of them, but they definitely didn't come off to me as egomaniacs or jerks at all.
They sound like EVERY other band out there, they don't have that little edge that makes them different, so they're just going to fall in and get lost with a ton of other bands that sound like that. They're decent, but nothing special.
these kids are ridiculous.....mediocre live and probably the most un-original band in the "scene" time for some new hair cuts.....ohh yeah and who nicknames themselves after their own band....hahaha just too much..this band is wayyy too easy