Password

Album Review - Page 22
Displaying posts 315 - 329 of 329.
02:00 PM on 11/08/09
skyey2000
Lifes to short to live with regrets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like sorta hot mess and pete wentz is the only reason were famous and im starting to like wet hot summer and the world will never do im kinda disapointed by the others like good girls which makes cringe everytime i hear it.
06:52 PM on 12/07/09
septembergirl92
User Info.
Every last lyric sounds like it got shit out from a Trapper Keeper that belongs to a Third grader that is trying to be (ahem) SCEENEEEE, Br0000tal, and HARdk0000re!!!!!!

what?!?! where the f do u get "Br0000tal, and HARdk0000re!!!!!!" from any of the Cobra songs?
11:43 AM on 12/08/09
septembergirl92
User Info.
Oh it's just a joke and i didn't know what I was talkin about haha sorry about that..

but i guess that's my way of saying the lyrics are horrible.
ok good lol
09:29 PM on 06/28/10
zakdwyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
right. That album was a very good album; it may be different from their other stuff, and the lead singles off of it (Hot Mess and Good Girls Go Bad) eventually get annoying, but the other songs were amazing. I don't know how you can say it didn't have good lyrical content when you look at a track such as You're Not In On The Joke, Nice Guys Finish Last, and especially Fold Your Hands Child. Those were very well written, with different takes on certain aspects of life. It's not that Kesha crap, that's poorly written and all about partying and being retarded. These guys have a good taste in satire and amusement. Sure, Gabe acts like a douche through the whole thing, but even he said that he only plays one on CD (check their myspace). So maybe you don't like the genre, but you can't deny the musical content. When The City Sleeps, We Rule The Streets sucked. Terrible production. If you want to hate on an album by them, hate on that one. But your whole review was pretty much a bunch of one-sided BS, showing your lack of appreciation for talent - no matter what genre.
11:28 PM on 06/28/10
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
right. That album was a very good album; it may be different from their other stuff, and the lead singles off of it (Hot Mess and Good Girls Go Bad) eventually get annoying, but the other songs were amazing. I don't know how you can say it didn't have good lyrical content when you look at a track such as You're Not In On The Joke, Nice Guys Finish Last, and especially Fold Your Hands Child. Those were very well written, with different takes on certain aspects of life. It's not that Kesha crap, that's poorly written and all about partying and being retarded. These guys have a good taste in satire and amusement. Sure, Gabe acts like a douche through the whole thing, but even he said that he only plays one on CD (check their myspace). So maybe you don't like the genre, but you can't deny the musical content. When The City Sleeps, We Rule The Streets sucked. Terrible production. If you want to hate on an album by them, hate on that one. But your whole review was pretty much a bunch of one-sided BS, showing your lack of appreciation for talent - no matter what genre.
Wow, this is so wrong it hurts.
02:26 AM on 07/12/10
----->
User Info.
this album shows Gabe's eccentricity in a bad way i think. Nothing like When the City Sleeps
08:18 AM on 12/11/12
warpedtour
User Info.
though I liked the album (well, 75% or so) this was a good review! Gabe has an awesome voice but yeah, the lyrics definitely weren't his best. Viva La Cobra is the best ok
08:20 AM on 12/11/12
warpedtour
User Info.
i like it some way, guilty pleasure :)
same, same
08:25 AM on 12/11/12
warpedtour
User Info.
I was talking about the "baaaaaaaaaaaad" part. Sounds like a sheep with a vocoder.
THANK YOU, I always thought that but it sounds weird to say out loud.
Autotune sheep, am i right?
08:29 AM on 12/11/12
warpedtour
User Info.
I really just don't know what to think about this band. The first song on the first cobra album starts with "and can you hear me know that i'm dumbing myself down". he obviously knows that this music isn't as good as midtown was and he's basically admitting that he's just in it for the fame and success that he never reached with midtown. now with song titles like "you're not in on the joke" just further confuses me. who is the joke on? is it on the people who think cobra is the best band in the world? i just don't know what to think. whatever. i'll just listen to the 3 or 4 songs from each album that i enjoy and not worry about it
mindfuck, srsly.
i'm thinking gabe is really clever and is laughing at all the hate and loving the publicity xD
seems like his type, idk
08:29 AM on 12/11/12
warpedtour
User Info.
same, same <//3
08:32 AM on 12/11/12
warpedtour
User Info.
so many butthurt midtown fans, it's kind of hilarious
i agree with the reviewer though, i'm proud of Gabe and i'm not going to hate on him for getting big or whatever.
i wish the band's focus wasn't just on him though;; it gets annoying. we all know he's hot but i prefer ryland ohohooho
02:02 AM on 02/11/13
emmareden
User Info.
pretty decent review, i don't dislike the album that much but their earlier stuff was wayyy better. i did see them live though and they were great! I actually think Nightshades was a decent album. Hot Mess doesn't make it onto my iphone at all though...
07:34 PM on 07/23/13
wecleanupsowell
Abbe Hinder
User Info.
Nice review.

I never thought they'd come to this but at least the guy is happy!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums