AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:31 PM on 08/11/09 
User Info.
ZzyzxScarecrow
shadow on me
anyone go? i'm strongly considering it for next year. i can knock out most of the prereqs through the local community college without paying tuition between now and then, which will save me a ton of money, and allow me to progress faster.
12:18 AM on 08/12/09 
User Info.
silentstar1134
Just a shimmy and a shake of hope
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm trying to get in, Lsats are fucking me up though. Although it's getting better...
06:01 AM on 08/12/09 
User Info.
reachforthesun
'take me to where the kids drink'
detroit, mi
Male
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticl...n=1&hbxlogin=1
11:06 PM on 09/21/09 
User Info.
silentstar1134
Just a shimmy and a shake of hope
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Lsat again in 4 days and I just fucked up another diagnostic....FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!
08:29 PM on 09/22/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
Lsat again in 4 days and I just fucked up another diagnostic....FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Dude, me too. I was getting between 161-163, then all of a sudden I just got horrible at reading comp. I used to get pretty much everyone question right, now I'm getting like 5 wrong. And my games suck as well. Got a 157 on the last one. Hoping that test day doesn't go like my practice tests.
02:07 PM on 09/24/09 
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
thought I wanted to do law school. Worked at a lawfirm for a few months a while back, started taking law specific classes and realized it was hell. At least it was in enough time to change my concentration to Urban Politics and Development.
03:14 PM on 09/24/09 
User Info.
fightinirish217
Your love will be safe with me
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm thinking about it. I worked for a judge in my county this summer and got to see a lot of different things in law and the court system and I really enjoyed it. We'll see what happens next year, I'm only a junior now so I really gotta consider it seriously.
05:39 PM on 09/24/09 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
thought I wanted to do law school. Worked at a lawfirm for a few months a while back, started taking law specific classes and realized it was hell. At least it was in enough time to change my concentration to Urban Politics and Development.

Could you elaborate on that a little? I've been considering law school pretty seriously recently, but I don't have much (or any) specific experience in the field.
07:30 PM on 09/24/09 
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Could you elaborate on that a little? I've been considering law school pretty seriously recently, but I don't have much (or any) specific experience in the field.

I'm only in my third year of school, but my schools "thing" is 6 month paid internships. I worked at this fairly large worldwide lawfirm for the first half of this year doing pretty basic stuff, really just getting my feet wet in the field of law. It certainly isn't for me. I was miserable.

Have you taken any classes pertaining to law? How did you feel about those.
02:16 PM on 09/29/09 
User Info.
RedWineSheets
www.myspace.com/ryangustafsonmusic
North Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
dont do it.
02:53 PM on 09/29/09 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
I'm only in my third year of school, but my schools "thing" is 6 month paid internships. I worked at this fairly large worldwide lawfirm for the first half of this year doing pretty basic stuff, really just getting my feet wet in the field of law. It certainly isn't for me. I was miserable.

Have you taken any classes pertaining to law? How did you feel about those.

I've taken a few classes relating to the field of law (like Media Law), but nothing that really delves into the daily nuts-and-bolts of being a lawyer. What did they have you doing?

por que?
03:51 PM on 09/29/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
People always say "don't do it" while they are in law school, because it sucks. But I have a feeling that once you graduate with a law degree and get hired over most anyone else, you won't have that attitude anymore.
04:05 PM on 09/29/09 
User Info.
anthonythings
libertarian.
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I've taken a few classes relating to the field of law (like Media Law), but nothing that really delves into the daily nuts-and-bolts of being a lawyer. What did they have you doing?

What I did was pretty mundane stuff. Started out doing rudimentary records work, by the end of my tenure I was pretty much an unofficial paralegal. A good perk of the job was making great relationships with different lawyers. I couldn't really see myself working my ass off in law school, then working my ass off for the first few years after school (some newbies were working 18+ hour days). I was already not to sure of it after taking some nuts and bolts law classes. That's just me though.
10:44 AM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
RedWineSheets
www.myspace.com/ryangustafsonmusic
North Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
People always say "don't do it" while they are in law school, because it sucks. But I have a feeling that once you graduate with a law degree and get hired over most anyone else, you won't have that attitude anymore.

http://jdunderground.com/forum.php
01:53 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
San Francisco, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm applying within the next month or so; just took the LSAT. Essentially just think of it this way--do you want a law degree? It opens doors, but it's a lot of time, money, and energy if you're just winging it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets