Username
Password

08:07 AM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
You finish yours? I'm working on mine now. Ended up 2 spots out of grading on and I'm hating having to do this.

Yeah I finished mine. I'm glad that its anonymous grading though because mine is so bad its embarrassing, haha. I just could not get into it.
09:10 AM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah I finished mine. I'm glad that its anonymous grading though because mine is so bad its embarrassing, haha. I just could not get into it.

Yeah. Mine is due Monday at midnight and I just started it yesterday. It's probably going to be terrible
12:27 PM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
scored a 160, which is definitely what I expected / deserved, though it's more than a few points lower than I was hoping for
did great on 3 sections but bombed the games section that they included on the test
oh well, I went into it only having prepared for a month and am more than prepared to take it again in the fall after more work, especially now that I know exactly where my weaknesses lie
03:20 PM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Good luck to both of you . Just finished my 1L year in the top 15% so if you want any advice or anything either now or in the fall once you've started, feel free to PM me.

Thanks man, I'm sure I'll take you up on that at some point. Congrats on the finish, too. We're about to be mailed our suggested summer reading. The name escapes me, but it's some prep book. I know I won't feel this way in a few months, but I'm getting ready for it to get started.
03:52 PM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Thanks man, I'm sure I'll take you up on that at some point. Congrats on the finish, too. We're about to be mailed our suggested summer reading. The name escapes me, but it's some prep book. I know I won't feel this way in a few months, but I'm getting ready for it to get started.

Getting to Maybe? I know a lot of people read that prior to 1L year. I honestly did no prep reading whatsoever and did not feel disadvantaged in any way.
05:19 AM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Getting to Maybe? I know a lot of people read that prior to 1L year. I honestly did no prep reading whatsoever and did not feel disadvantaged in any way.

Yeah, that might be the one. I'm sure you're right about the reading, too. Maybe it has some helpful tidbits or whatever but at the end of the day you still have to just do the work.

How far from campus did you live?
09:53 AM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, that might be the one. I'm sure you're right about the reading, too. Maybe it has some helpful tidbits or whatever but at the end of the day you still have to just do the work.

How far from campus did you live?

I live probably 1/2 mile from the law school. It's nice

Honestly, it's not as much work and as difficult as people would have you believe. Just have a plan, understand the big picture, read supplements and start doing practice tests early. Don't get lost in the fine details of the cases. I know it sounds counterintuitive because all you do is read cases, but it's true. If you get called out in class one day and get tripped up over some detail it might be embarrassing but it'll have literally no impact on your grades, which is what you should be primarily focused on
10:51 AM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
So terrified for the LSAT. When is the optimal time to take it?
04:21 PM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
So terrified for the LSAT. When is the optimal time to take it?

many of the books on the subject recommend taking it in June due to less competition and the fact that you can soon re-take it in the fall
05:07 PM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
many of the books on the subject recommend taking it in June due to less competition and the fact that you can soon re-take it in the fall

June of what year tho?
05:26 PM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
June of what year tho?

oh, well I just took it in June and I graduate next spring. that, along with the fall of your senior year, seem to be the normal time to take it
05:28 PM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
oh, well I just took it in June and I graduate next spring. that, along with the fall of your senior year, seem to be the normal time to take it

Oh okay thanks. :)
08:49 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Rad Medicine
No Avatar Selected
Birmingham,...
Male
I qualified as a solicitor in the UK but if I had to pay the prices you guys face I probably would've thought twice...! Gee...
12:25 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Teddanson454
No Avatar Selected
09:51 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
I live probably 1/2 mile from the law school. It's nice

Honestly, it's not as much work and as difficult as people would have you believe. Just have a plan, understand the big picture, read supplements and start doing practice tests early. Don't get lost in the fine details of the cases. I know it sounds counterintuitive because all you do is read cases, but it's true. If you get called out in class one day and get tripped up over some detail it might be embarrassing but it'll have literally no impact on your grades, which is what you should be primarily focused on
Seconded. I cut every case down to a key holding, and possible the facts that that holding hinged on. I always sounded retarded in class, but did pretty well come finals time because I didn't waste time learning irrelevant things. Supplements were really helpful to me, and practice tests are key in your first year - mostly for timing purposes. You'll also start to see that many 1L class finals are formulaic. No matter there question, there will just be certain things you need to bring up. I got to the point where I went into the exam knowing almost exactly what i'd write (minus the specific analysis), and that really helped me beat the curve. Also, don't forget about analysis. The law is great, but it means nothing if it's not applied to the facts.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos