Username
Password

10:22 PM on 02/06/10 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
NYU and UPenn. Good luck at Temple and Nova. My buddy is at Nova and he likes it alot. Their study abroad program is fantastic apparently.
Shit, I don't think I'd pass up NYU, not even for an Ivy. NYC is kind of the place to be. Way more opportunities than Philly. And, I also can't wait to study abroad again. I'm so glad that law schools offer it.
09:30 AM on 02/07/10 
User Info.
SHZA
Missoula
Male - 26 Years Old
I considered it until I took a law class and realized that's not who I wanted to be.
12:22 PM on 02/07/10 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
NYU and UPenn. Good luck at Temple and Nova. My buddy is at Nova and he likes it alot. Their study abroad program is fantastic apparently.

Study abroad program is actually wildly expensive but I've heard the classes are interesting.

Are you trying to work in NY? If so can't go wrong with NYU or Penn.
12:24 PM on 02/07/10 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
Shit, I don't think I'd pass up NYU, not even for an Ivy. NYC is kind of the place to be. Way more opportunities than Philly. And, I also can't wait to study abroad again. I'm so glad that law schools offer it.

Penn places a HUGE amount of grads in NYC. Very few Penn grads stay in Philly.

Also, even if you aren't going for Big Law, going to an incredibly saturated market trickles down. Kids who wanted to do Big Law take middle firm jobs because big law isn't hiring, the kids whod usually do middle take small firms/public jobs, etc.
12:25 PM on 02/07/10 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear from Temple and Villanova. What schools are you referring to?

Please don't come to Nova.
02:17 PM on 02/07/10 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Penn places a HUGE amount of grads in NYC. Very few Penn grads stay in Philly.

Also, even if you aren't going for Big Law, going to an incredibly saturated market trickles down. Kids who wanted to do Big Law take middle firm jobs because big law isn't hiring, the kids whod usually do middle take small firms/public jobs, etc.
I just mean twould' be better to live in NYC during your law school years than philly. For year round internships and the other awesomeness that is NYC. Obviously half of everyone mozy's on over when they graduate.

How sweet of you.
08:07 PM on 02/07/10 
User Info.
IAmNietzche
It's raining mah'fuckas!
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
How do you like Nova? Good experience?
07:07 AM on 02/08/10 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
How do you like Nova? Good experience?

Meh, new building is nice. Faculty is very intelligent. Kids are ok, just like any law school. Got an internship that I wouldn't have gotten in any other city.

Overally 7/10
07:46 PM on 02/08/10 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
I just mean twould' be better to live in NYC during your law school years than philly. For year round internships and the other awesomeness that is NYC. Obviously half of everyone mozy's on over when they graduate.

How sweet of you.

Nova makes 0 sense for public interest.
08:20 PM on 02/08/10 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Nova makes 0 sense for public interest.
Ohh, I don't know if you intended it that way or not, but I very much read your comment as "you are retarded, please don't come here." But, I'm not doing public interest either. I mean, sort of. But, I think now I'm leaning towards working on the hill. Seems like a lot of the legislative assistant positions look for law degrees. Still have 3 years to figure out what I'm doing though. My life works randomly, and usually something awesome falls into my lap (not exactly, but, will come about in some random manner, or something) so, I'm not too worried. I'm just gonna see what happens with my overpriced law degree (or less overpriced degree if I go to Buffalo, which would actually be pretty darn affordable at 16k/yr tution, with a 5k scholarship, and a fairly low cost of living.)
11:03 AM on 02/09/10 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
Ohh, I don't know if you intended it that way or not, but I very much read your comment as "you are retarded, please don't come here." But, I'm not doing public interest either. I mean, sort of. But, I think now I'm leaning towards working on the hill. Seems like a lot of the legislative assistant positions look for law degrees. Still have 3 years to figure out what I'm doing though. My life works randomly, and usually something awesome falls into my lap (not exactly, but, will come about in some random manner, or something) so, I'm not too worried. I'm just gonna see what happens with my overpriced law degree (or less overpriced degree if I go to Buffalo, which would actually be pretty darn affordable at 16k/yr tution, with a 5k scholarship, and a fairly low cost of living.)

Buffalo and then a job on the hill? Good luck. Go to the best school you get into.

Nova also doesn't do as well as their materials make them look in DC. That said a 2L is working for a Senator, however, he is a Nontraditional Student (second career) and is the exception.

If you come here plan on working in Philly or NYC.
01:02 PM on 02/09/10 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Buffalo and then a job on the hill? Good luck. Go to the best school you get into.

Nova also doesn't do as well as their materials make them look in DC. That said a 2L is working for a Senator, however, he is a Nontraditional Student (second career) and is the exception.

If you come here plan on working in Philly or NYC.
I used to think you needed to go to an amazing school to get a job on the hill, but apparently, it's much more about where you live, if you've interned, and how into politics you are. I interned for a Senator this summer, and half the staff went to horrible schools.
05:02 PM on 03/06/10 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
Not taking the LSAT until June now, there was no point in taking it sooner. Graduating in the fall sucks because it delays me a year.
05:13 PM on 03/06/10 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
Every time you post, you just manage to depress me and make me think I have no future.

I have some friends a little farther ahead than me who are in law school, and from all accounts, it's a pretty demoralizing few years. But if you can land a decent job after you get out, they'll say it was worth it. One of my friends said he hated law school and regretted going, but now he's got a secure job with a boss and co-workers he likes, and he's loving life. He's 29 and just put a down payment on a very nice house.

I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but the general sentiment from the people I've talked to is that it gets a lot better after you get out.
09:59 AM on 03/30/10 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Well, has anyone made a final decision yet?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos