AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Losers of the Year - 01.07.09

Interviewed by
Losers of the Year - 01.07.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Losers of the Year - (Jeremy) [myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?

We actually got it from Pinhead Gunpowder, who has a song with that title, which is derived from the Cheap Trick song "Surrender." The line is "What ever happened to all the seasons' Losers of the Year?"

2. How did this band get started?
It all started when we saw the movie "That Thing You Do" But we started this band to create music we weren't hearing much of anymore

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Oh man, so many. But I guess the main ones would be Green Day, Blink 182, Foo Fighters and The Offspring

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

We would have to go with Blink 182. We miss those guys to death and we would fit well together in styles.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

We would all be turtles... Why? Because we are all brothers whose favorite colors are Red, Blue, Orange and Purple TMNT!!

6. Why should people listen to your band?

It brings that need for pop-punk back into the spotlight with a little twist.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
It would be our song "On Good Terms" On five stars you'd be down for a challenge... But we're no Zeppelin haha

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

The fans who made it possible to even become what we are.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

It's getting better, bands nowadays can sell albums without even having a record label. I would like them to build on that some more and less digital restrictions on music

10. Memorable tour experience?

We played a show in Las Vegas and outside the club was a dwarf kicking himself in the head for money so he could get a hooker... I felt sorry for him.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A community that gives the people what they want, no, DEMAND!!. Information about bands they actually care about.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Our Song "Eggshell Sandwich." When we play it live the crowd gives us so much energy it comes back through us even bigger and louder.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I hear New Zealand is pretty cool; killer music scene and beautiful women.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

The Descendants, Blink 182, Green Day, New Found Glory. Pop-punk basically, its what we know and love.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Teleportation, Why? We could put on a kick ass show anywhere in the world.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
In a sense, yes. We've definitely grown a lot since we started in 2003.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are all black belts in Shoalin Kung Fu... No joke.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Has to be Christmas, one of the only holidays with music written specifically for it.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Practice, practice, practice. Also write new material. Something about it is therapeutic.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Well, we are all hardcore computer wizard's. Beside that... I can do a cart wheel... Wanna see?

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests