1. How did you get your band name?
Well, it's my name.
2. How did this band get started?
I started playing guitar about 6 years ago, and after I got to college I started to write as an outlet on life. Eventually I just put the two together and went from there. I found some cheap ways to record and get crappy demos on MySpace, and then borrowed some good equipment from a friend of mine and self-produced an EP.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
John Ralston, Butch Walker, Rookie of the Year, Owen, Dashboard Confessional, Third Eye Blind
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
John Ralston, Owen, Dashboard Confessional, Third Eye Blind. I absolutely love John Ralston and would love to just be able to see him every night for a few weeks. The same goes for Owen. Dashboard and Third Eye Blind have both had a huge influence on my personal life and it would be nothing short of an honor to take to the road with them.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a teddy bear. I'm just a big teddy bear anyways, minus all of the fur.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I write my songs from the heart. All of my songs have a personal meaning to me. I am not beholden to write for anybody but myself, and I hope my honesty through words and my music can help somebody express their own feelings a little better.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Oh jeez...my song "Sunshine and Second Chances" has a couple little solo riffs in it. On five-star expert, it still wouldn't be overly difficult.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Sounds cliche, but I'd thank my family and friends. My friends are the ones who come out and see me perform when I do, and my parents have always been supportive of whatever I choose to do.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would like to see some coalitions of bands to help get band names out there. It is difficult to get people to hear your music, even with the help of MySpace and Purevolume. It takes endless hours of work to maybe just get your music in to a few peoples hands. It would be nice to have band work together to promote not only their own music, but promote other bands as well.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I haven't toured yet. I did play a show once opening for Dave Tamkin at a club in Green Bay. Being a solo artist, I never have had other instruments or drums play with me live. I had asked Dave's violin player to play on my song "Beautiful Girl" with me. So when he came to play, Dave's drummer also took a seat behind his kit and I had violin and drums with my song, and I ended up extending the song about a minute and a half because it sounded absolutely gorgeous.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I have not used AP.net as an outlet to promote myself, but I do find a lot of new bands through it. I would have never found out about Owen if I had not seen his name posted on AP.net. I randomly decided to check him out, and he's been one of my favorite artists the last couple years.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
As far as originals go, my favorite to play live is "Happy Ending." I also like to put Say Anything's "Woe" in to my sets, and that would probably be my overall favorite to play live.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Any baseball stadium!!!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Watching baseball. It always reminds me of how many days and hours I spent on a field or a backyard diamond when I was young.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd be able to fly. Then I wouldn't have to drive OR walk anywhere. Not to mention, I could fly for free!
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Absolutely not. I mainly do music as more of a "hobby" than anything. I don't have the intentions of really making anything out of my music, I do it because I love to do it. If the opportunity presents itself to make a career out of music, I would definately consider doing it.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I work in Assets Protection at Target (aka security).
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I usually am sitting around on my computer or with my guitar in hand. During the summer, I usually always have a baseball game on TV if one is on.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm developing a talent of being able to figure out how to play songs by ear or by watching a video. It is kind of fun to watch a video and listen to a song and try to figure out what tuning it is in, and on top of that, how exactly to play it.