1. How did you get your band name?
- Super Secret Handshake is an inside joke made up by the original drummer for the band. It's very naughty, and if you keep in mind we had 4 guys and 1 girl in the band, then the rest should all be clear.
2. How did this band get started?
- Started by our guitarist Adam Waz from the ashes of his former band Aggrobot, it maintained the same upbeat fast-paced fun pop punk with several shots of Zolof to the face.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
- Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer would be the first and most obvious choice. After that, it boils down to a lot of personal influences. Blink 182, Less Than Jake, TMBG, The B-52's, and pretty much anyone who's ever made a good catchy song before.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
- Well I'll answer for myself for this one. I would love to tour with Jimmy Eat World. They're my biggest personal influence and it would be amazing to be able to share the stage with those legends. If we wanted to put on a fun show, I'd love to tour with Zolof and Blink and have Fall Out Boy be the opening band..... :D
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
- We as a band would fall as the Star Fox team. I would be Fox McCloud because he's young and brave and PILOTS AN AIRWING. HOW COOL IS THAT.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
- Because when has listening to more music ever been a bad thing? Listen to us and form your own opinions and if you like us, that would be really cool. If not, that's cool. I've heard plenty of bands that I didn't have a personal interest in, but I respect them for doing what they love to do. We're a pretty fun band, still growing, and I think we have some really good songs that people would enjoy.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
- I would first demand a keyboard expansion pack so they can get the full SSH experience for our artist pack. If it was just one song, I would think it'd have to be Bear Cavalry. It's got a few tempo changes that make the song interesting all the way through and a few very rhythmic portions. I love me some rhythms. It wouldn't be that hard on Expert for the seasoned plastic guitar players.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
- Everybody who has ever listened to us for just a second, and everyone who wouldn't give us the time of day cause they thought we were disposable. And Nintendo for providing me with decades of fun and frustration.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
- The music industry, up until now, has been key in presenting us with all the bands we grew up listening to and loving. We would never have heard Dookie if it weren't for Reprise and Warner Bros. It was the only way to really get a listen of bands that dont live anywhere close to you and without you having a deep foothold into the scenes of your area. But I think in the era of the Internet, it has lost its purpose and necessity. Bands don't need labels to get kids listening. A label's only purpose now is for mass promotion and mass distribution, both of which could change within the next few years and might be changing now. The only thing I would possibly change is labels should quit focusing on making so much money, and start helping bands promote and get their music out. If it's good music, and it should be seeing as the big label signed the band, then kids will latch onto it and the spice will flow.
10. Memorable tour experience?
- Trip to New Jersey in 2007. Staying awake for two days straight and getting lost in the Confederate part of New Jersey with your best friends was amazing. And the show was awesome. The kids were still enthusiastic about going to shows and it showed.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
- The epicenter for music on the web. Best place to discover new music and read about music you already love. Also, for us, a thread in the MO board bashing our video. That provided me with weeks of laughter. Thank you guys! <3
12. What is your favorite song to play?
- Rules 1 and 2. So much energy and so much fun. I think everything in that song is perfect and when we get it together it's just a wonderful time. Anything bad in my life going into practicing or a show is gone when that song starts and the only thing that matters is rocking the fuck out of that.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
- I don't really take vacations so I'm only aware of places I see pictures of or read about from other people. I think Rhode Island is a nice place to be. If I ever need to get away, I'll just park at one of the countless number of beaches and just watch the waves and get lost in it all. It's really relaxing and peaceful.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
- Pop music from the 80s and 90s. My mom used to play that a lot around me even before I had an understanding as to what music was all about. I like good pop music. I heard Love Shack on the radio recently and hearing it made me feel like a kid again, it's an amazing feeling.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
- I've always thought about that and it has to be the power of time control. I could freeze time around me or speed it up, or rewind it however I chose. No one could touch you. It would be fun to go back in time to see what life was like, and then be back in the present day for dinner time. Or just to freeze time and just walk around and observe people.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
- Not at all. We still have a while to go, and I always feel like we're on the cusp of something but for whatever reason, we get delayed in some aspect. Whether it be touring or recording or whatever. We'll get there, eventually.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
- We are very sociable and have amazing senses of humor. I think that's why we all get along so well. We're all deranged in the same way. I get the feeling at some shows people think we can be standoffish, when that's not the case. We're really cool, trust me.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
- I always work on holidays so they lost a lot of the excitement they had when I was a kid. I think Christmas is my favorite though. It certainly has the best intentions. Put aside all engagements and plans and get together with loved ones to talk, hang out, eat, and eventually trade gifts. Oh and all that christmas food is awesome.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
- I spend a lot of time on the Internet reading about anything I find. And video games. All day everyday. I'm mostly a PC gamer though I won't hesitate to throw down on the 360.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
- I can make a vagina with my mouth. That's not really hidden and I think you could argue about it being "talent." Uhhh.. I'll get back to you on that one. Haha