Password

Album Review

Saves the Day - Stay What You Are Album Cover

Saves the Day - Stay What You Are

Reviewed by
Saves the Day - Stay What You Are
Record Label: Vagrant
Release Date:
This review is a user submitted review from SethGrandpa. You can see all of SethGrandpa's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
10:06 PM on 08/31/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Great album. Average review.
07:42 AM on 09/01/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
Amazing album and imo the only good one in STD discography.

The reason they didn't get huge is they followed SWYA with a string of sub par albums. By the way this album sold over 200,000 copies which is pretty good for an indie album with no radio play.
Yeah...have you ever heard of an album called Through Being Cool? And don't write off the rest of the STD catalog just because In Reverie, the album immediately after this one, wasn't amazing...
07:44 AM on 09/01/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
And to the reviewer: this album deserves better.
07:44 AM on 09/01/09
Chris Collum
User Info.
And to the reviewer: this album deserves better.
Sorry man I don't mean to be harsh...but come on, comparing STD to Fall Out Boy?? And they're def. more pop-punk than emo, dude...
08:12 PM on 09/01/09
MXkillerPX
User Info.
He didn't really compare them to Fall Out Boy. He said that if the world was just, Saves the Day would have become as famous as Fall Out Boy. I happen to agree. Nice job, reviewer.

More pop punk than emo? I'm sick of all these sub-genres. Half the time there's no difference, it's just some label you put on the music.
07:14 PM on 09/02/09
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
superb record. through being cool was fantastic too but this one was just perfect. They dont make em like they used to :(
02:25 AM on 09/04/09
SethGrandpa
Rock The Casbah
User Info.
Quote:
The reason they didn't get huge is they followed SWYA with a string of sub par albums. By the way this album sold over 200,000 copies which is pretty good for an indie album with no radio play.

While I understand this, I still feel this one should have been bigger. While it moved a good number of units, the band never crossed over into any sort of mainstream relevance.

He didn't really compare them to Fall Out Boy. He said that if the world was just, Saves the Day would have become as famous as Fall Out Boy.

This.

I don't think of them as similar bands, but if played their songs to most people (not much of the AP crowd) they'd probably say the two groups sound very similar in the grand scheme of things. I used Fall Out Boy to illustrate an idea and for those a who are in need of something more familiar or currently relevant as a reference point.
03:41 PM on 09/05/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
fantastic album
06:01 AM on 09/08/09
TheInfamousAdam
Infamous since '85
User Info.
hmm... I was just wearing my Saves the Day shirt yesterday and was summing up all the times I've ever heard them on the radio... NONE. WTF Through Being Cool is a top 5 favorite album ever for me. This band rocks. This album does too.
02:04 PM on 09/12/09
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
One of my favorite albums of all time
08:13 AM on 09/14/09
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
one of the best records ever.

and def disagree that this is the only good one in STD discography.

this and Through Being Cool just happen to be the more accessible ones.
12:16 PM on 10/07/09
hochtk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hands down the greatest pop/punk album of all time. Also my second favorite album ever, behind The Flaming Lips' Soft Bulletin.
07:14 PM on 10/08/09
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Honestly, this album took a while to grow on me. I've had it on repeat for the past couple days, and I can't get enough of it now. Firefly is my favorite track. Um I'm not sure I agree with your RIYL though, but nonetheless, great review!
12:11 AM on 05/31/11
sonnyboy
James Heck
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i love listening to this album while driving to my girlfriends house. she lives in the mountains, past Auburn, Ca. just nature, a dark sky glowing with stars, and "nightingale" .... aahhhh bliss :D

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos