Username
Password
Pennywise News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 94 of 94.
07:45 AM on 08/30/09
Glaspo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very sad. Whoever PW gets as a replacement has some HUGE shoes to fill as many have already stated....

I just hope they don't try to mimic his voice cuz only Jim can pull off being "Jim." Anyways, I think they now need to make the music more intense like the Straight Ahead and Full Circle albums to make up for the loss. The last thing us fans want is the music turning dull, boring and light...I really hope PW don't pursue the sound of their most recent album, it doesn't sound nearly as raw and intense like many of their previous albums...sellin out or obtaining a mainstream sound would suck.
ps-and let's hope they make a REALLY WISE choice for a singer...I hope he doesn't scream like death-metal or sound like a girly bitch. It's gotta be a clear and nice voice, with the attitude, intensity, and energy that Jim had...just not Jim...though it would be cool if he came back haha...but I am excited to see where the band will go from here fo sho.

Also, I think its cool their keeping their name, I mean it aint like it was Jim's idea anyway. No offense to Jim, he did a lot of other things for the band, but comin up with the name isnt one of them.
05:43 PM on 09/06/09
thedude15
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was shocked to hear that Jim (vocalist for Pennywise) left the band! This is a huge surprise, considering that they've been around for over 20 years and that he's been with the band for most of this time! I thought Pennywise would always be one of those punk bands that are always around, like NOFX and Bad Religion. Even though the 3 remaining members claim they're continuing on, things won't be the same without Jim. This is probably the most shocking band member departure I have ever heard of!
Feel free to have your own opinion on Pennywise, but I think they're better than 90% of the punk bands out there. All their albums are written in the same style, but that's what I like about Pennywise - all of their albums have the same amazing skate punk songs! They mostly have fast punk songs but write mid-tempo punk songs once in awhile (like "Divine Intervention" and "Alien"). I think they've only tried 2 songs that deviate from their punk formula, "Lies" and "Confusion" which are great slow songs. I also like how they have a lot of left-wing political songs, anti-authority / anti-establishment songs, and songs talking about everyday life experiences and encouraging you to perservere through hard times. (The songs "Affliction", "Something to Change", and "Nothing to Lose" sound like they're talking directly to me). I'm not sure whether they all wrote songs together or if one person did all the songwriting, but Jim's lyrics are amazing!
I thought Pennywise's 3 most recent albums were their strongest, and are a great trilogy of albums ("From the Ashes", "The Fuse", and "Reason to Believe"). "Reason to Believe" is a strong last album for Pennywise to do with Jim. I think Pennywise fans deserve to hear why Jim left, and I hope they discuss this in future interviews. Good luck to the remaining members of Pennywise with their singer search and new album, and to Jim! (I'll be interested to hear his future music projects, whether its solo work or with a new band).
06:00 PM on 09/06/09
thedude15
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, Greg Graffin is the only singer I know that sounds like Jim, and BR and Pennywise sound alike. Hopefully their new singer will be good!
02:59 AM on 09/29/10
pennywisetr
User Info.
Jim...

Jiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm

Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives