Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 100
01:59 PM on 08/21/09
ACA
Next Show: Run the Jewels NYC 11/29
User Info.
Please just break up.

Like you should have done in 1995.

dammit. It's not Pennywise without Jim. Break up or at least go on with another name.

Jim isn't exactly a replaceable member...

No singer will ever live up to Jim.

They need to end this now.

Nobody can replace Jim. They'd be better off touring without a singer and having the crowd sing along.

Ignorant comments.

Jim is awesome. Penywise with Jim was awesome. Jim was NOT Pennywise. He was a very large part, but the rest of the band was very involved with Pennywise's direction and music.

I'm sad to see Jim leave (and thankful I had the opportunity to see the band with Jim numerous times), but I'm optimistic about the future. Maybe they will get better? Maybe they'll stay the same? Maybe they'll get worse? I don't know, and neither do you.

I wish Pennywise the best. Look forward to catching them on tour again.. I'll be playing them en route to the Lifetime show tonight.

-ACA
02:02 PM on 08/21/09
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
Ignorant comments.

Jim is awesome. Penywise with Jim was awesome. Jim was NOT Pennywise. He was a very large part, but the rest of the band was very involved with Pennywise's direction and music.

I'm sad to see Jim leave (and thankful I had the opportunity to see the band with Jim numerous times), but I'm optimistic about the future. Maybe they will get better? Maybe they'll stay the same? Maybe they'll get worse? I don't know, and neither do you.

I wish Pennywise the best. Look forward to catching them on tour again.. I'll be playing them en route to the Lifetime show tonight.

-ACA
Sorry dude, but I highly doubt you'd say the same if Geoff left Thursday.

People want them to break up, because honestly, there just aren't that many bands that didn't just end up fizzling out in obscurity after "forging forward" with some unknown new vocalist.

When it comes to vocalists, people should go the Hot Water Music route...otherwise, they're just asking for a prolonged death.
02:05 PM on 08/21/09
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Keep in mind Jim has left the band before.
I think Dave from the Vandals is a good choice.
02:10 PM on 08/21/09
IanIsSuperRad
Wrecktheplacefantastic
User Info.
Ignorant comments.

-ACA
Oh no dude. You got me all wrong. I'm saying I don't like Pennywise regardless of who the singer is. I'd been wishing they'd break up for quite a while now.
02:11 PM on 08/21/09
holybuble
User Info.
Please just break up.

that's too harsh man.you were listening to red hot chili peppers or some cartoon(you were 5 ,remember?) theme back in'95 -insert Bryan Adam So far So good for me(weird).
so,think before typing.
02:14 PM on 08/21/09
IanIsSuperRad
Wrecktheplacefantastic
User Info.
that's too harsh man.you were listening to red hot chili peppers or some cartoon(you were 5 ,remember?) theme back in'95 -insert Bryan Adam So far So good for me(weird).
so,think before type.
I wont deny I didn't listen to good music in 1995. But I've never been a Pennywise fan even when I was just getting into punk rock. Their music literally sounds all the same to me.
02:15 PM on 08/21/09
holybuble
User Info.
I wont deny I didn't listen to good music in 1995. But I've never been a Pennywise fan even when I was just getting into punk rock. Their music literally sounds all the same to me.
so,stay away from here.
02:19 PM on 08/21/09
IanIsSuperRad
Wrecktheplacefantastic
User Info.
so,stay away from here.
Sorry, I wasn't aware you couldn't post in a news topic about bands you don't like. You better let everyone in the Brokencyde thread know they're not allowed to post in there unless they're fans.
02:22 PM on 08/21/09
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
"We're holding auditions! That's boy's good, give him the job!"
02:24 PM on 08/21/09
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
I never really got into these guys, but seriously... maybe it's time to throw in the towel?

I mean they've been doing it for like 20+ years, and their LEAD SINGER just left the band... Even if they do continue, it's obviously not going to be the same.
02:29 PM on 08/21/09
The Marc
No stupid long signature
User Info.
If they got the dude from Much the Same, i'd be super stoked.
02:31 PM on 08/21/09
0s0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Please just break up.

For reals. Not saying they are a bad band at all - I use to mad respect them in high school. But on the real, although Jim is not the main component of Pennywise, the sum is greater than all the parts, and all these parts really fit.
02:33 PM on 08/21/09
ACA
Next Show: Run the Jewels NYC 11/29
User Info.
Sorry dude, but I highly doubt you'd say the same if Geoff left Thursday.

People want them to break up, because honestly, there just aren't that many bands that didn't just end up fizzling out in obscurity after "forging forward" with some unknown new vocalist.

When it comes to vocalists, people should go the Hot Water Music route...otherwise, they're just asking for a prolonged death.

Geoff has always been the singer of Thursday. He's the sole lyricist and sole voice of the band since 1998.

The same cannot be said for Jim. The situations are not the same.

-ACA
02:37 PM on 08/21/09
just-in.
Burritos and New Found Glory.
User Info.
Wow, I can't even believe that.
02:37 PM on 08/21/09
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
Keep in mind Jim has left the band before.
I think Dave from the Vandals is a good choice.
This. They've performed without Jim before, and it hasn't stopped them. Just because he's the most recognizable singer they've had doesn't mean he's the only one who can do it.

I'm sure there's a few thousand young punk kids who grew up listening to Pennywise that would KILL for a shot to sing for this band. All it takes is one awesome vocalist with a ton of heart.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos