1. How did you get your band name?
We started as a pop punk band called Retro Action Transmitters. We quickly threw together four songs and recorded them in a day, then kind of stumbled through the new few months. But when we really sat down and started writing music, it became more and more evident that we needed a name change. We went through pages of names before Garrett, our lead guitarist, threw it out there - Fallen Like Heroes. I didn't care, so it stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
Garrett and I had known each other on and off for about three years prior to taking two classes together in his senior year. We started talking about music, and we hit it off and really connected. In guitar class, he'd play me something he'd be working on for a solo project called The Anthem Romance. He thought I could sing, too, and when I told him I play drums, Retro Action Transmitters officially began, he on guitar and I on drums. Both of us did vocals, me hitting all the higher notes and Garrett going down low.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Cambiata (local), Person L, Story Of The Year, Hidden In Plain View, Why Hello (local)
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Person L. They blew my mind when I saw them open for Anthony Green. It was incredible. And when Kenny came up to me after the show and thanked me for grooving to the music, I was sold. I bought Initial at the show.
Oh, and Story Of the Year. Crazy shenanigans would ensue.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Between you and me, I am a furry. =o I chose a wolf, because the relationship that each pack of wolves has with each reminds me of a band, where the utmost cooperation and consistency is necessary to survive.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're a band that's got no clue what direction it wants, so we have all these different songs for people to check out once they get finished and recorded. I guarantee, there's at least one song a person might enjoy when they listen to us.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
We've got a song called "Then Surely We" in the works. Vocals are difficult to hit, and there are a few sections where we just go crazy.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom, anyone who's given us a chance, and Garrett.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Stop with the techno-electropop-3OH!3-bullshit. It's a shitty trend, like hair metal.
10. Memorable tour experience?
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP, despite having a steep learning curve and a very opinionated community, has opened me up to some incredible music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Then Surely We". We've only gotten the chance to play live once, but it was the most intense thing I've ever done in my life.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My bed. :3
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Nirvana, Hole, Tool, and Alice in Chains. My dad played them a lot on long car rides when I was little, and they've stuck with me.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
A more refined Gaydar. But that comes with age. :3
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We don't have any legitimate fans, so I'm going to say no.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
See 5. >_>
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas. It's good to see everyone happy, obligated or no. After the financial mini-crisis is over and done with, it's good to be with the people who matter most. It's cheesy, I know, but it does ring true.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play video games, lurk the internet, write, find a boyfriend, and play Animal Crossing.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Do you really want me to answer that?