Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
That was the last one, not this album.
really? damn.
07:20 PM on 09/03/09
bifforama1
@cahayes2
User Info.
I don't get it! The five songs I've heard so far are great! I really like 'em all! And you didn't even mention the single, "Changing"...
Okay, listening to the leak as we speak. Really disappointed... :( The songs that I had were all good and sounded like old Saosin. I had "Keep My Secrets Safe", "Why Can't You See", "Changing", "On My Own", "Is This Real?", and "The Worst of Me". All those songs are great!
08:40 PM on 09/03/09
Winterspan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well this isn't anything new and certainly not a surprise. Very proud of AP for being honest. Tis truth; they suck and have since the ep. This pains me to say because I adored Saosin, both as a band AND as a group of individuals. Granted the ep was nothing short of amazing- perfect timing, perfect marketing and buzz, perfect sound, band, and singer. Saosin hit it hard and they hit it right. When Anthony (so unfortunate) walked out the door, he took the potential with him. Still a sad day for me. But, part of being a successful band is being a smart band and knowing when to BE DONE. They shouldve threw in the towel and went back to the drawing board and gave the old Saosin the respect it deserved. Bury it proudly and move on. Without Anthony, they were and are NO longer Saosin.
Reassess, reformulate, and redeem! The dudes are heavily talented, but are not Saosin. Time for something new, gentlemen.
08:43 PM on 09/03/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
lol I think the new Used album may be better than this, and that album is boring as hell.
08:45 PM on 09/03/09
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
lol I think the new Used album may be better than this, and that album is boring as hell.
too far drew.

still, though. huge yawn at both albums.
08:47 PM on 09/03/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
too far drew.

still, though. huge yawn at both albums.
haha basically what I'm getting at.
08:52 PM on 09/03/09
blankets
maybe it's just me
User Info.
I love(d) the S/T and it sucks to hear that this one isn't anything great. I can't say I was expecting much to tell you the truth though.

Also, I agree with what was said about Alex Rodriguez. That dude is a beast.
09:04 PM on 09/03/09
thefirewithin
In Exile
User Info.
i read somewhere that they produced the music themselves, and had benson work with cove on the vocals.
They actually asked Howard Benson to do that again for ISOSG but he said no...
09:12 PM on 09/03/09
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well this isn't anything new and certainly not a surprise. Very proud of AP for being honest. Tis truth; they suck and have since the ep. This pains me to say because I adored Saosin, both as a band AND as a group of individuals. Granted the ep was nothing short of amazing- perfect timing, perfect marketing and buzz, perfect sound, band, and singer. Saosin hit it hard and they hit it right. When Anthony (so unfortunate) walked out the door, he took the potential with him. Still a sad day for me. But, part of being a successful band is being a smart band and knowing when to BE DONE. They shouldve threw in the towel and went back to the drawing board and gave the old Saosin the respect it deserved. Bury it proudly and move on. Without Anthony, they were and are NO longer Saosin.
Reassess, reformulate, and redeem! The dudes are heavily talented, but are not Saosin. Time for something new, gentlemen.

Wrong. The S/T is amazing. This, not so much.
09:17 PM on 09/03/09
doritoz
NICER DICER
User Info.
Their first album was a little numetal-esque for my liking, sans the rapping but practically ripping off the dynamics and musicanship. I think this album is a little more unique, and therefore, slightly more enjoyable. Disagree with such a low score...
Ww..ww..what? Are you serious?
09:36 PM on 09/03/09
xlife2lifelessx
Whalestep?
User Info.
its just sooooo mid tempo i get so bored
09:43 PM on 09/03/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
I don't think the new Used record is very memorable, but it has a few tracks that stand out more to me than anything on this record. Both are a letdown compared to their previous efforts though.
10:09 PM on 09/03/09
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
sad.
10:40 PM on 09/03/09
El_Ewok
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, I've been a saofan since 2005 and this album was a serious letdown, yet I want to point this out:

Saosin, has a particular formula that works spectacularly, its not rare to see someone using the word "Saocore" since they have exploited this for almost 4 Years.

I think that after 17+ songs of similar style they tried to make something different, stop using the insane rolls of Alex, or the loved licks (or whatever you call them) of Justin. All throughout "ISOSG" you can hear influences from other bands (outros in the same fashion as TREOS, intros as Anberlin, etc), leaving me with a simple conclusion: They were trying to explore something outside Saocore, On my Own ( being a remake) was the only song that made me feel at home.

This CD was very dissapointing, but anyone can agree that staying in the same area is also boring. I think is was an an honest mistake sort of speak.

Hope you agree.
10:59 PM on 09/03/09
goalyguy33
User Info.
As someone who put BOTH TTN and S/T in his top favorites of all time... this album is EXTREMLEY DISAPPOINTING.

Eveyone's comments were exactly my thoughts as I was listening: where's the drums? Where's the power, the emotion, the punch?? It's lost... There are even a few songs that are playable... and I'm listening, TRYING to like it... because I want to SO bad... but then I get to songs 9 and 10. WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING. I am seriously deleting "It's All Over Now" and "What Were We Made For" from my computer- a happy, pop punk, Boys Like Girls sound is not what I want to hear from Saosin. It would be like Underoath playing a "happy" song, thus stripping the music from all its emotion. I'm not sure about you guys... but Saosin is not what I reach for in my car during the middle of a sunny 90 degree day... Songs 9 and 10 make me feel like I'm listening to Hit The Lights or something.

I was looking for emotion... which this cd lacks immensely...

Looks like I'll be getting the emotion that I wanted from Of Machines and The Color Morale...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos