AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 22
Displaying posts 315 - 330 of 332.
09:55 PM on 01/02/10
Momo32T
User Info.
I think “Fireflies (Light Messengers)” is an overlooked track. “I Never Wanted To” was a successful slower song on their self-titled, and this reminds me of it. It showed their versatility, and gives me hope that their talent isn‘t completely lost.
01:36 PM on 01/08/10
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
I honestly think you listened to this once...first time i heard this album two songs stuck out: Secrets and Is This Real? Although, after listening to it more it was just as good as the self titled album. That is what makes this album better than you say it is. It has to grow on you to appreciate it! Any artist or music fan would tell you that. If they made the same album as the first . And to recommend if you like the used and 30 seconds to mars??? I like both those bands but i would never say that all three could be classified in the same category.

I bet Steve is a Anthony Green lover...wait you are just read the Circa Survive reviews..and I like Circa too so don't put me in the whole "Cove is better than Anthony" category.

Made an account just to give you my 2 cents too
02:37 PM on 01/08/10
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
Forgettable compared to the EP and first full length.
03:00 PM on 01/08/10
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I honestly think you listened to this once...first time i heard this album two songs stuck out: Secrets and Is This Real? Although, after listening to it more it was just as good as the self titled album. That is what makes this album better than you say it is. It has to grow on you to appreciate it! Any artist or music fan would tell you that. If they made the same album as the first . And to recommend if you like the used and 30 seconds to mars??? I like both those bands but i would never say that all three could be classified in the same category.

I bet Steve is a Anthony Green lover...wait you are just read the Circa Survive reviews..and I like Circa too so don't put me in the whole "Cove is better than Anthony" category.

Made an account just to give you my 2 cents too
I do love Anthony's work. I also gave Saosin's S/T the highest score I have ever given to an album. I am about as far away from biased as you could ask for on this.
07:03 AM on 01/14/10
fobmcrafi6
down with the fad
User Info.
Yeah I personally think that the album was a little overproduced the hit songs at the end our defmy fav.
Is this real
What were we made for?
All and all everything blends so awful that it s a huge let down and bitter.
I can see where your coming from with your recommendations but the sound is like the combination of them and a little llike madinal lake too, especially the mid-tempo songs. Like tho those bands do sound wonderful, Saosin combines it all to make it sound confusing and uninteresting.
Yes it could grow on me but what s the point from being eh to okay in other words a 6 to a 7.
12:34 PM on 03/16/10
ihavechappedlip
Vulgar Display of Balls
User Info.
You Never Noticed Me is baaaangin. But that's about it.
04:07 AM on 04/06/10
thekazeblade
User Info.
So disappointing. I derived some enjoyment out of "Worst of Me," but even that was lackluster. The entire album felt clunky and didn't jive together at all. Fireflies was just boring. I thought it might pick up at the end, it started to tease listeners that it might, but it never went anywhere. I also enjoyed their first LP, but it's beginning to seem more and more like the first album was a fluke success. Unless they do something and fast, this band's relevancy is lost. Either way, Anthony Green-era Saosin is far superior.
11:25 PM on 06/12/10
kkman99
emo is a gang
User Info.
:( poor, poor Saosin. Just... :( I really thought you guys were good. This album is a freaking snorefest. If I wanted to listen to cheesy love songs, I'd listen to someone who can actually make halfway-decent ones, such as Secondhand Serenade... but, Saosin...I've lost all faith. *sigh* Well, guess I'll return to some good ol' Blue Sky Noise :( TTN was amazing, S/T was amazing, ISOSG was horrible :'( bye, Saosin. I'll miss you :/
11:26 PM on 06/12/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Weird bump lol.
05:14 AM on 09/09/10
expert_review
Yarms Basarab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i am a huge saosin fan, but honestly this cd was a pretty big disappointment. i am a huge anthony green fan, and losing him definitly puts a dent in having a certain uniqueness, nonetheless i do enjoy cove's vocals.

they definitly need to get better material, but obviously by kicking cove out the band seems to be putting most of the blame on his vocals, which in reality is not bad. if the songs werent so monotone, his vocals wouldnt sound so lame and boring so im really not excited for their next album which is unfortunate because this band had so much promise. oh well
09:58 PM on 09/12/10
H.e.n.r.I.
User Info.
i enjoy this album, but i do agree with steve...the songs seem to all be cut out of the same piece of cloth
first song RIPPPPPS tho, if they had more tight-ass breakdowns like the one in that song, this album would be epic
good review
06:01 PM on 11/15/10
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
i enjoy this album, but i do agree with steve...the songs seem to all be cut out of the same piece of cloth
first song RIPPPPPS tho, if they had more tight-ass breakdowns like the one in that song, this album would be epic
good review

/)__-

That'd be worse than what we have now from ISOSG...
07:53 PM on 01/29/11
Aaron1053
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, I saw this album come out in 2009, and I was excited to get it, but I didn't have money, then I forgot about it. I want to give it another listen, but I can't find it on iTunes. Anyone know what happened to it? Did iTunes take it off or something?
04:48 PM on 03/04/11
NerdyNiko
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree with the review that this was disappointing. But I enjoyed it nonetheless!
12:08 AM on 05/31/11
sonnyboy
James Heck
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
while this album as a whole is quite a letdown, the closing track is very good
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates