These Green Eyes - 09.04.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
These Green Eyes - (Mark Brundrett, drummer) [ap.net profile] [myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
The first name of the band didn't really seem to capture what we were about. So, we came up with These Green Eyes and it just stuck. Plus, The Jonas Brothers was already taken.
2. How did this band get started?
The band resulted from a high school talent show that we were not allowed to play in. We were told that our guitars sounded like "chainsaws." The guy coordinating it was wearing a Jackal shirt, I mean c'mon.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by bands such as NOFX, The Descendents, and Less Than Jake. True punk bands that tended not to care what other people thought of them.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Personally, I would love to tour with The Police. They influenced me as a drummer a lot. The fusion of reggae, jazz, funk, and pop really caught me when I was younger.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
What the hell is a furry? Isn't that when people dress up as stuffed animals and rub all on each other? ...you pervert.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we actually play our songs live. No backing track, no auto-tune. What you hear coming through the speakers is us, not the record.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably "Sucker Punch." It's one of our more technical songs that we have. Guitars, bass, drums, and vocals are all kind of doing something different. But, I really suck at all those games so I can't really rate how hard or how it easy it would be.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If we ever won a Grammy I would have to thank my brothers for letting me play their kits when they weren't looking. There was always a drum kit in my house growing up, so it was kind of inevitable that I started playing drums.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
As helpful as it can be, probably the impact that Myspace has had on bands and kids alike. Any band can now record a track on their computer with pro tools, upload it to Myspace and snag hundreds of thousands of plays a day, get signed, blow up and be the worst band you have ever seen live in your life.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Between all the tours I have been on I can't pick the most memorable moment. But if I had to pick one it would probably be from our first tour ever in 2003. We made it to Florida, found a beach, got some beer and went swimming on our day off. I remember thinking, "Ii can get used to this."
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is a place for kids to come and talk all the shit they want on bands from the comfort of their own home instead of go to a show.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play is probably "Time Of Our Lives" because of the groove in the verses. Kind of makes me wanna dance.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere with water, a BBQ, friends, and adult beverages.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Led Zeppelin. Mostly because I remember playing along to their CD's when I was younger and thinking John Bonham is the shit.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility I think would be bad ass. Kinda like Kevin Bacon in that movie "Hollow Man" but way cooler.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I still live at my parents house and tour in a van so...no.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I really love listening to jazz, blues, funk and soul music.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Probably Thanksgiving. Think about it. Good food, football, family, friends, booze and such a good night's sleep. That Triptophan will get ya every time.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I'm not on tour I really like to just chill and catch up with good friends for the most part.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hidden Talents? I can kill a 12 pack of beer in an hour and a half if that's a talent?
08:33 PM on 09/09/09
They seem like cool guys(even if it's only the drummer in the interview), I really enjoy the answer to question 6.
They're on my Ipod, I should give them a listen.
06:09 PM on 09/10/09
what about thanking Franklin if you won a Grammy??
haha oh Mark
playing live is definitely true
These Green Eyes is awesome live!
06:12 PM on 09/10/09
These guys are awesome. A fantastic live band, if you get a chance to see them please do. I know they're playing Boston on October 11th. If you're in the area totally go.
09:13 PM on 09/10/09
love it! i was so excited to see them featured in one of these random interviews. they deserve way more attention than they have and hopefully support from AP will give them the little push they need to reach the top
11:28 AM on 09/11/09
again i say, i love these dudesss. even mark.
Buy The Music