Password

Album Review

Set It Off - Calm Before the Storm Album Cover

Set It Off - Calm Before the Storm

Reviewed by
Set It Off - Calm Before the Storm
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: May 12, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from UnderMyDreams. You can see all of UnderMyDreams's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
09:46 AM on 10/02/09
sowrongitsjack
Framework
User Info.
i cant stand this band, cody is such a tool
09:50 AM on 10/02/09
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
User Info.
pop punk trash. so formulamatic its sickening. horrible vocalist
11:01 AM on 10/02/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why's that?
12:03 PM on 10/02/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Quote:
found some success by covering All Time Low songs on Youtube before joining the band on stage. Soon after he started Set It Off, who take their name from the song (and then used it as the title of their EP), "Calm Before the Storm," by Fall Out Boy.

This part made me laugh. I can imagine exactly what this band sound/look like haha
10:54 PM on 10/02/09
scottpieper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
completly agree, dude wants to be All Time Low more than All Time Low wanted to be Blink-182 when they first started.
10:54 PM on 10/27/09
Timmy D
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, lots of haters out there. If you had any talent (scared to start your own band)you would not be calling these guys All Time Low clones. You would see they have talent and there sound is differant with differant lyrics and they have great songs. I saw them in Tampa and they put on a killer show. These guys are not tools at all. They are the guys your girlfriends will be buying tickets to see.

Timmyd
09:41 PM on 12/20/09
tcg47
seek the joy
User Info.
Stellar guys. Entertaining show. Music is anything but original, but it's pretty catchy. Rating is too high but I can appreciate the band even if I wish they would try something new (and work on writing lyrics).
05:40 PM on 01/21/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stellar guys. Entertaining show. Music is anything but original, but it's pretty catchy. Rating is too high but I can appreciate the band even if I wish they would try something new (and work on writing lyrics).
The thing with ratings is that it's all averaged. So the actual percentage doesn't really mean anything in the end, it really matters the actual numbers. Sure, it's not that creative or have tons of lasting value, but the vocals are decent, and I've heard way worse lyrics so that plus production brings up the rating. Plus, the reviewer tilt really adds a lot, and I personally like it so that's also part of the reason the rating's higher.
05:42 PM on 01/21/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, lots of haters out there. If you had any talent (scared to start your own band)you would not be calling these guys All Time Low clones. You would see they have talent and there sound is differant with differant lyrics and they have great songs. I saw them in Tampa and they put on a killer show. These guys are not tools at all. They are the guys your girlfriends will be buying tickets to see.

Timmyd
Dude, based on this EP they really take a lot from All Time Low. It's soooo clear through the way the songs are written/sung/lyrics that they take a ton of influence from ATL. Plus look at their album cover... I addressed that in the review. I like them, but it's real hard to say they didn't try to be like ATL.
06:10 PM on 01/21/10
himynameiszack
Living well is the best revenge
User Info.
completly agree, dude wants to be All Time Low more than All Time Low wanted to be Blink-182 when they first started.
All day he dreams of coming home to find stalkers hiding in his bush "(hahahaa thats what she said)."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos