AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Callahan - 09.08.09

Interviewed by
Callahan - 09.08.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Callahan - (Brad Comer) [myspace] [ap.net profile]

1. How did you get your band name?
We got our band name from the road that three of us grew up on. The name was catchy and we always wanted to use it for the name of a band. So we thought this one was perfect.

2. How did this band get started?
It first started out as a side project that Jake, Wes and I(Brad) started since we were in different bands. None of us really could sing so we didn't have a singer. We later found out that Ryan's band had recently broke up. We called him up and decided to jam. After that, things just clicked and we all quit our bands that night.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Taking Back Sunday, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, The Academy Is..

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
This may sound weird, but it might be Nickelback. We love this band so that would be like a dream even though there is absolutely no chance of it happening. haha

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably kittens. Because they're cute :)

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Our lyrics can relate to fans everyday problems, and we're fun guys who make happy music. So it's easy to win a fan over like that.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably "Dress To Impress". That's the one song that rocks out the most live plus it has some breakdowns and kids seem to like that these days. As for difficulty, not hard at all because our songs aren't even hard on a real guitar. lol.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

All of our favorite bands, family, friends, label, management, we'd most likely have a ten page list that dates back to when all of us first picked up instruments.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Honestly, we don't see it as bad as everybody else does. Yes, illegal downloading is hurting album sales and affecting labels, but your music is getting out there. To us, that's all that matters.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Meeting new fans, hanging out after shows of before. Always the best.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A place to discover new music. The list could go on from the bands we have became fans of because of AP.net

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Dress To Impress"

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Any place with a beach and good looking ladies :D

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Metallica. That's who influenced most of us to get into music as we listened to their records growing up.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Instant Transmission from the show Dragon Ball Z. You can go anywhere in the universe in a matter of a second. This would also mean no more touring in a van.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

We still have a ways to go. We feel we're doing well as of now but everybody has that mind set that they can always do better. That's how we're going to think

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Probably we love to hang out with fans. We spend the whole show on tours just trying to meet everybody,

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas, duh, free stuff! And giving back is awesome.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch Football, play cornhole, and usually spending time hanging out with our friends and family back home.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Honestly, probably nothing. We're also really boring as well. haha

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
09:08 AM on 09/17/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
Their Face the Day ep is outstanding. I don't really know anything about the band themselves, but I adore that record, especially the last few seconds where Jason Lancaster sings a few lines to end the last song.
01:45 PM on 09/17/09
dookiedog
You're Effin Out!
User Info.
The new EP is really good, sounds more mature then Face The Day!
04:53 PM on 09/17/09
Trauma Caspian
Hold Fast Hope
User Info.
I am lost since there are two bands named Callahan I was hoping it was the other Callahan not this one....
05:08 PM on 09/17/09
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
i love these guys, but a couple of answers made me cringe lol. nickelback? really?
07:49 PM on 09/17/09
RiverfenixBen
facebook.com/pandastudiosohio
User Info.
Jake Bonham made this band! Its not the same without him in it.
09:25 PM on 09/17/09
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Ugh. Nickelback, really? That really turns me away from them.
01:20 AM on 09/18/09
ABJallday
User Info.
Ugh. Nickelback, really? That really turns me away from them.
Maybe listen to them first? Don't judge them because they like a certain band. That's lame dude :/
05:53 AM on 09/18/09
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
I really want a Callahan Loves You shirt :( It's my last name so I think that it would be dope
06:01 AM on 09/18/09
Cody Nelson
User Info.
Maybe listen to them first? Don't judge them because they like a certain band. That's lame dude :/

Bands usually (not always) like other bands, because they're influenced by them. Influenced by Nickelback? I don't need to hear them to know.
06:38 AM on 09/18/09
sinkinginthesea
User Info.
Bands usually (not always) like other bands, because they're influenced by them. Influenced by Nickelback? I don't need to hear them to know.
I don't see Nickelback in their influences anywhere in this interview. They said it would be cool to tour with them, but their music sounds nothing like them at all.

Don't put off a band because of a certain band they like. You will be surprised the bands you may like that listen to music that may not fit your taste.
06:58 AM on 09/18/09
Cody Nelson
User Info.
Quote:
We love this band so that would be like a dream even though there is absolutely no chance of it happening.

Seems pretty influential to me.

I get what you mean though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests