AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

This Century - 09.09.09

Interviewed by
This Century - 09.09.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

This Century -(Ryan Gose) [myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?
The band was trying to come up with a name for probably the better part of two weeks. We couldn't find anything that we all could all agree on so Sean says, "I'll just be happy if we can find a name this century". I guess that's how it came about...now we just spend our time trying to apply meaning to the name.

2. How did this band get started?
Myself (Ryan) & Sean had been playing together in a previous band that we weren't happy with so we decided to form our own band. Alex, Sean's brother, was probably the best bass player that we knew but he was so young that we were reluctant to have him join the band. Long story short we gave in and Alex brought Joel into the band with him. You would never know it but they are actually the same age.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Mainly Mozart. He has sweet chops.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
The Beatles are definitely at the top of our list. I would love to play with John Mayer, Third Eye Blind, just a bunch of artists that we consider to have excellent musicianship and great song writing.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would probably be a bear...people seem to associate me wth one. Sean would be a velociraptor. He has a dinosaur obsession.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our singer is pretty. Other than that if you like catchy rock music we might be for you!!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Running." It would make you feel awesome about your gaming skills...until you played a different song on expert.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My dogs for always being there for me. After that we would mention all of our supporters. Thanks Japan!!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would keep the focus on quality. Live shows over myspace plays. Not everyone is like this but I think there are plenty of great artist out there that get over looked by next weeks buzz band.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Waking up in a field full of Alpaca's. Creeeepy

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I've had Absolute Punk bookmarked on my computer for a while now. It's awesome for staying current on your favorite bands as well as finding out about new ones!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Running" is probably my favorite song...minus some new ones ;)

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I haven't been to many places outside of the country but I love Montreal...I think.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Peter & the Wolf!!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I always thought flying or telepathy would be cool but I have been swimming a lot lately & breathing under water is bad ass! Maybe the power to manipulate everything in my body. Hello immortality!!

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We feel that continuing to work on our craft and consistently find new ways to connect with our fans is something we can never be satisfied with. We have a lot of work to do!!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Two of us are vegetarian & the other two are sellouts. I won't say who the sellouts are but Joel & I don't eat meat.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween!!!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I am a fan of yoga, climbing, eating & doing nothing at all. I'm great at the last one.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I have the ability to see chakras. Don't tell anyone. Oh, Joel can impersonate pretty much anyone right after meeting them. It's unreal.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
03:49 PM on 09/18/09
SuchAPerson22
bert macklin, FBI
User Info.
Hahahahahahaha I love these guys. Really great band. :)
04:31 PM on 09/18/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
Oh man, I love these guys so much. I wish they would come to Georgia already! They have some of the catchiest songs I've heard in quite some time.
07:36 PM on 09/18/09
mifit5
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha Joel is pretty :] I love this century!!!
08:14 PM on 09/18/09
elocin03
User Info.
Ryan's so funny (:

"Because our singer is pretty." hahaha
03:49 AM on 09/19/09
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
great band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News