AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

The Winning Season - 09.11.09

Interviewed by
The Winning Season - 09.11.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Winning Season [myspace] [ap.net profile]
Bridgewater, NJ

1. How did you get your band name?
I was watching ESPN and I heard the phrase and thought it would make a good band name.

2. How did this band get started?
I've been writing songs forever, most of them horrible. But the ones that I actually liked I wanted to eventually record and release on my own. My buddy helped me set up a small recording rig in my basement and I've been cranking out tunes ever since.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
So many. And a lot that would probably surprise a lot of people given how my songs sound. Musically I'm influenced by every good song I hear, no matter what genre. If I really enjoy the song I'm influenced to go out and try to write something that good. However, the bands that are usually in my regular rotation are Lifetime, Blink-182, Goldfinger, Midtown, The Years Gone By, and Static Radio.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Been there, done that. Touring is just not my thing anymore. I don't believe anyone or any band could entice me to tour with them, unless of course you're Taylor Swift.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A Lion, because you can get past a dog, but nobody fucks with a lion.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
They should take a break from all the singers that are mad at their dads and enjoy good old fashioned sad acoustic-ness.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Hmm, I guess I'd have say "Twilight" for the sole reason it's my only song with a beat in it. I'm sure it would be incredibly easy to play on expert;)

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Steve Perry.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I just don't care enough about it honestly. I support people and bands who are 100% DIY and thats my "industry", and there's nothing that needs to be changed in that respect.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Oh, god. haha. Well I was lucky enough to do a tour on a bus once and someone shit in the toilet. The tour manager had to fish it out... that was quite the sight/experience. We never found out who did it. We suspect it was a random drunk girl, but who knows?

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I'm here almost everyday. It's a great way to find out what's going with your favorite bands and a great way to discover new ones!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Fuck my songs, Michael Jackson's "Beat It", that riff will never get old for me!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

I've never been outside of the U.S but I'd have to say either Pittsburgh or Disney World. I have my reasons.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Skate punk through and through, and probably the entire soundtrack of Empire Records.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Invisibility, because Kevin Bacon in Hollow Man was so dope.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

In the sense that I love what I do and do it however I want, then yes. In the traditional sense, then no, but that's not the point of this project.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I'm attending college as an education major.

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Halloween, I'm probably going to be Angus Young this year.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Watch B-Horror Movies

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I'm really good at monopoly. I'll take on anyone, any day and show them what's up!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests