AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Violent Soho - 09.14.09

Interviewed by
Violent Soho - 09.14.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Violent Soho - [
myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?
Everyone put different words into a hat and the first word we picked out was "violent." Because that didn't really work we picked another out and the band name became "violent soho." Not really much to it I guess.

2. How did this band get started?
Well we all went to school together. It was a Pentecostal Christian school and we really felt separate from the other kids that went there. So we decided to start a band to maybe vent some of the frustrations growing up in that sort of environment.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Saints, Budd, Midget, Hateman, Screamfeeder, Massappeal, Magic Dirt, Tusk, Bored, Pissed Jeans, Eddie Current Suppression Ring, Talons, The Stabs.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

I think the first band we would tour with would be Black Flag because after touring with them I think anything else would be easy. There is no better band I could imagine adopting a work ethic from.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

Koala Bear because they are stoned on eucalyptus leaves all the time. Plus they are Australian.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Because its easy enough. I mean, just type our name into Myspace. Then you will be listening. Pretty easy.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I guess I would put "Jesus Stole My Girlfriend" as our song. Iit would be super easy even if it was on hard. I think the song has 3 chords or something.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Whoever the fuck gave it to us and then I would ask, "How did ya get away with this?"

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

I would change the rumor about drugs being free. They ain’t and it’s not worth it. Dudes, turn back now.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Trying to smoke a cigarette out of my butt. That’s pretty memorable.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Well, it's one of the best sites around and it's known all over the world. I have gotten into heaps of bands through AP.net even back in high school. I live in Australia, so its a pretty good site.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

We do a cover by a band called God. The song is called "My Pal." It's my favorite to play because it has this killer riff that goes from start to finish.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Somewhere around Byron Bay. Anywhere with good surf and plenty of weed.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

The Beatles. Much like every kid I was bashed to death with them. My parents always had them playing on the stereo when I was growing up.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I think the power to grant wishes would be the best. I don't think you need me to tell you why its easily the best super power.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Yeah, I do. We are by know means the most ambitious band, so the fact that we get to tour and play a lot is enough for us. We just want to play and tour so I guess by our standards we have made it.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I would be surprised if anyone knew anything about us. I would be more surprised to meet our fans.

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Maybe Easter. I like chocolate.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Surf, skate, listen to music, read rad books about rad bands, go and see live bands (good ones). Same ol same ol, you know?

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can sing like the singer from crash test dummies

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
02:45 AM on 09/21/09
dirtysneakers
Om nom nom
User Info.
Quality band. Recommended

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music