AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

A Loss For Words - 09.14.09

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (09/21/09)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

A Loss For Words - (Mike Adams; bass,vocals) [myspace] [ap.net profile]

1. How did you get your band name?
Well, back in the day we had a really shitty name, (Last Ride), and we decided we needed to change it because we no longer wore sideways hurley hats and socks up to our balls. We had recently lost a friend and the minister started out the service by saying, "We are all at A Loss For Words..." and shortly thereafter we somehow decided on that.

2. How did this band get started?
Matty and Danny from Lions Lions were in Last Ride starting out in '99, and I had to play the first 10 shows because the kid who was supposed to play bass was too scared to play in front of people. haha. Marc joined about five years ago after being in the infamous band MAFFUMPH, (Mommy A Fly Flew Up My Pee Hole). Haha no joke. Priceless. And then Jack and Nevada both Joined up two years ago and we've been touring nonstop since.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Tons of good stuff, from bands like Alk3, The Movielife, Northstar, to the Temptations and Boyz II Men. I personally get a lot of my ideas from Lady Gaga and the Millionaires.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'd love to tour with the frikking Beatles, man.... but that's a given. I think everyone in AL4w would agree that touring with Brokencyde is our dream.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I can't say I agree with the exemption of non-furry animals, this question seems a bit unfair. I'd like to be a tadpole that stays a tadpole. Eff the establishment.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Cuz we're fucking rad and we hate OUR dads too!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Hmmmm I'd say to do "Stamp of Approval" because I do a sweet bass lick in it and I'd like to show it off to people. Yeah, I suck.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank god, then everyone else in my band would take the Microphone and make fun of me in front of millions of people. Also Ringo Starr for being ugly as fuck but still a ladies man.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd change that its 96% who's friends with who and who has added more people on myspace (or that new shitty sensation, twitter) that gets you signed. I would also like to change the notion that its whoever fits themselves into the tightest jeans, who has the flowingest locks, or whose face has the most make-up/tattoos on it that's ten times more important than the music.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Well, we got back from Japan yesterday, so that whole week was fucking awesome... Matt and Jack ate horse, I ate shark and sea urchin, and Marc accidentally ate meat. Good times! PETA can SUCK IT!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means I can read the shitty things people have to say about my band while I listen to the Cure and cry into my Earl Grey tea... I also get all my music news from here.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I like playing "Wrightsville Beach" because its originally an acoustic song but I love the live version we play. It's fun as hell.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My bed or backyard because I'm there way less than anywhere else. Yeah, give me beer and ESPN in Abington, Mass.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The first tape I bought with my own money that I remember was Tony Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart", the single. One side was English and one was Spanish. I knew the words to both sides because I played it over and over again while I slam dunked on the mini basketball hoop that hung from my door. I've got soul.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability give people really bad halitosis when they piss me off. Nothing is worse than halitosis, not even death. Sorry those who are halitosis-afflicted.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I've "made it" plenty of times, this isn't really appropriate for a music interview.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I was actually an extra in Billy Madison. When the camera goes into the classroom when the kid is being squished down into the trash barrel... I think its the 2nd grade scene, there's a goofy kid with curly black hair dancing on a table. Hello.

Am I lying? You look at the dancin' kid and tell me. ;)

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas man, c'mon.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to catch up on my wrestling news, mostly. Then I have to go back out on tour because being in AL4W, we're not legally allowed to be home for more than 5 days a year.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Well, I've mastered the art of entertainment wrestling, I can throw a really bad knuckleball, then convince you it was a good knuckleball, and I'm the best fucking rapper in the world.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18.
04:03 PM on 09/22/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Good dudes. Fun responses.
04:08 PM on 09/22/09
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
Love these guys, really fun to see live.
04:17 PM on 09/22/09
Ava1anche
Love Your Friends, Die Laughing
User Info.
hahaha, hilarious answers.
04:21 PM on 09/22/09
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
PETA can SUCK IT!

Hahahaha, I love it!
04:27 PM on 09/22/09
jamiechaotic
envy on the toast
User Info.
lmao this band is awesome.
04:31 PM on 09/22/09
hiya
User Info.
great band, great answers.
04:38 PM on 09/22/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
This band is awesome. These answers were great; such a fun read.
04:45 PM on 09/22/09
boobies
User Info.
love these dudes!
04:47 PM on 09/22/09
Mudkip
Joe Barone
User Info.
Love these dudes. Backed so hard.
06:09 PM on 09/22/09
PlanetDahmz
User Info.
I love this band so much. Made one of the better pop punk releases of 09.
06:42 PM on 09/22/09
igetmikey
TTG
User Info.
this bands the illest.
07:51 PM on 09/22/09
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
god, i love these guys. mikey's a trip and the rest of the band are all super chill dudes.

some of these answers are fucking hilarious.

Quote:
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The first tape I bought with my own money that I remember was Tony Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart", the single. One side was English and one was Spanish. I knew the words to both sides because I played it over and over again while I slam dunked on the mini basketball hoop that hung from my door. I've got soul.

haha, mikey told me this one time and i thought it was one of the funniest things ever. what's even more amusing is that this is pretty much verbatim how he said it.

and this one had me rolling...

Quote:
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I've "made it" plenty of times, this isn't really appropriate for a music interview.

glad they had fun in JPN. i was hoping memorable experience would be watching their 17-year old merch guy lose his virginity by standing on a windowsill to look through almost closed blinds. hahaha.
07:53 PM on 09/22/09
jeffrayisrad
User Info.
Mikey fresh!

I love these dudes and their new record is UNREAL. If this band doesn't blow up, I will cry myself to sleep every night.
08:13 PM on 09/22/09
scmaley
And away we go
User Info.
Awesome band and great interview! One of the better interviews I've read of these, so far.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests