Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hawthorne Heights
Inside AP.net

HH Tour Update

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/22/09)
JT of Hawthorne Heights has updated his blog with some updates on their upcoming tour. Full blog and updated tour dates in replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 60
03:46 PM on 09/22/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
HH Tour UpdateBehind the tour
Hey everybody
I just wanted to write you guys a note and let you know why we selected each band for this tour. And why we wanted to tour this year in general, for that matter. I'm writing this from 35,000 feet in the sky while watching Major League 2...FYI. First of all, why are we touring when we haven't released any new music yet? Well, it's pretty simple...we want to give our real fans a chance to sample our new record. In addition to a few new songs, we will be playing songs from all of our albums. With a rotating setlist, we are sure that we can play nearly every song we know. If you want to hear a specific song, hit us up on Twitter @HawthorneHeights. Now, on to the bands...

Just Surrender-
We first met these guys playing a show in a backyard in New Martinsville, WV like 5 years ago. We have been following them ever since and are excited to do an extended tour with them. They have been constantly putting out great music with a lot of passion and energy.

Punchline-
We used to play tons of shows with these guys way before the HH days at Knights of Columbus. I have known them for over ten years and happy to tour with old friends. I started talking to Steve and he came up with the idea of doing something really special for their fans...long time former member Paul Menotiades will be performing with Punchline on this tour. I can't even describe how excited I am about this. I think their CD "Action" is one of the best pop punk records I have ever heard. You aren't gonna miss this...it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for true Punchline fans.

Monty Are I-
Simply put...I heard these guys tear up the stage live. These clubs require so much energy, and we think they can provide it. They have a new record coming out which is full of anthems that will be great to see live. Looking forward to meeting them...hopefully they will bring us some Spikes Junkyard Dogs.

Anarbor-
I have never met these guys, but we love to take out up and coming bands. We feel it is necessary to return the favor to the new school music scene. They better be nice guys, because I dig their music.

Nightbeast-
He has been a friend of ours for years, and that is really special to us. Nick was in ADITL years ago and has been a guitar tech for us as well. We are just looking forward to hanging out with Nightbeast and letting him showcase his music. He might play naked. He might wear a thong. He can't see worth a shit...but can write some witty tongue in cheek type songs. Don't miss Nightbeast's first extended tour. He will make fun of you from stage.

Also, on a side note...
This tour will not include any bullshit like lip syncing, ego boxes, light and sound guys, or expensive back drops. It will include a very personal rock show experience from bands who care about their fans. Come have fun. Leave your negative attitude at the door. Maybe this is The Never Sleep Again Tour 2009. Or maybe it's a tour with no name. Who cares...buy tickets and come say hi to us at the merch table. Bring a friend or meet a friend at the show.

Love or Hate
JT and Hawthorne Heights

Updated tour dates:
Nov 2 - Grog Shop, Cleveland Heights, OH
Nov 3 - Small Planet, East Lansing, MI
Nov 4 - The Pike Room, Pontiac, MI
Nov 5 - Uncle Pleasants, Louisville, KY
Nov 6 - Diesel, Pittsburgh, PA
Nov 8 - The Palladium, Worcester, MA - Get Tickets Now
Nov 9 - The Webster, Hartford, CT - Get Tickets Now
Nov 10 - Eleanor Rigby's, Jermyn, PA
Nov 11 - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
Nov 12 - Knitting Factory, Brooklyn, NY
Nov 13 - School of Rock, South Hackensack, NJ
Nov 14 - Crocodile Rock Cafe (Downstairs), Allentown, PA
Nov 15 - Ottobar, Baltimore, MD
Nov 17 - Jammin' Java, Vienna, VA
Nov 18 - The Brewery, Raleigh, NC
Nov 19 - New Brookland Tavern, West Columbia, SC
Nov 22 - Common Grounds, Gainesville, FL
Nov 23 - The National Guard Armory, Panama City, FL
Nov 25 - Rocketown, Nashville, TN
Nov 27 - Reggie's Live, Chicago, IL
Nov 28 - Triple Rock Social, Club Minneapolis, MN
Nov 29 - House of Bricks, Des Moines, IA
Dec 2 - Sokol Auditorium, Omaha, NE
Dec 3 - Hi-Dive, Denver, CO
Dec 5 - Murray Theater, Murray, UT
Dec 9 - The Boardwalk, Sacramento, CA
Dec 10 - Chain Reaction, Anaheim, CA
Dec 15 - House of Blues Cambridge Room, Dallas, TX
Dec 16 - Zombie's, San Antonio, TX
Dec 17 - Meridian, Houston, TX
Dec 20 - Southgate House, Newport, KY
03:49 PM on 09/22/09
Captain Awesome
We're gonna party like it's 2012
User Info.
I have so much respect for these guys.
They've been my favorite band since 2005 when I saw them on Warped in Detroit and met them.
03:52 PM on 09/22/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I hear they're doing this upstairs at the Palladium, which is pretty crazy. I gotta go. Hook me up JT?
03:53 PM on 09/22/09
wendjiqn
User Info.
I hear they're doing this upstairs at the Palladium, which is pretty crazy. I gotta go. Hook me up JT?
fuck. would love to go.
04:07 PM on 09/22/09
A7XXX
Temple Pressure
User Info.
"With a rotating setlist, we are sure that we can play nearly every song we know". That sound great.
04:08 PM on 09/22/09
joppyxtsl
hun?
User Info.
Hawthorne Heights at Chain Reaction?!?!?! no way!
04:13 PM on 09/22/09
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
User Info.
fuck i have monday night classss
04:15 PM on 09/22/09
cory-182
User Info.
HH and Just Surrender. I'm there.
04:27 PM on 09/22/09
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Reggies in Chicago would be awesome. I might have a high school reunion that night, otherwise I'm there.
04:27 PM on 09/22/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Holy crap, Chain Reaction. I have to go to this show, I have so much respect for these guys.
04:28 PM on 09/22/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Hawthorne Heights at Chain Reaction?!?!?! no way!
Haha my thoughts exactly.
04:29 PM on 09/22/09
xmicxcorex
enjoys a good beer.
User Info.
I'm hoping Dec 1 will end up in KC or Lawrence....The Granada would be amazing...havent seen em there since two days before the world lost Beatz back in 05.
04:33 PM on 09/22/09
ryanhorizons
User Info.
i think they should swing by oregon
04:40 PM on 09/22/09
IanJEllison
Broke College Kid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stoked to see Nightbeast on this! Saw him with Lord T & Eloise 2 weeks ago & I still see flashing.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums