Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 44.
08:41 AM on 09/23/09
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
so just to sum up Greg, the music isn't bad but the cohesiveness of all the songs on the record isn't great, and though the music is okay it's similarity to Bruce Springsteen type sound take away rather than add to the overall enjoyment?
08:48 AM on 09/23/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
so just to sum up Greg, the music isn't bad but the cohesiveness of all the songs on the record isn't great, and though the music is okay it's similarity to Bruce Springsteen type sound take away rather than add to the overall enjoyment?
Absolutely. Summed it up perfectly.
08:52 AM on 09/23/09
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Absolutely. Summed it up perfectly.

cool. Why do I feel so elated that I got a compliment from an AP.net staff member?
08:55 AM on 09/23/09
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
i really like this record, to be honest.. i don't think they've got any punk in them, so i found those references sort of weird to be mentioned. if you asked me, i'd call them an alternative-country band.
09:11 AM on 09/23/09
James RE Hughey
User Info.
They have more of a punk attitude I think than actual punk sound.

For his vocals, I just think that is how he sings. He has a limited range and he is raspy. He has to yell and scream when most people may hit high notes, so even if the music sound nothing like The Boss and think he would sound this way.
09:32 AM on 09/23/09
chillinlikebob
User Info.
Off the subject, but does anyone know what happened to Discover America? They were on P is for Panda's compilation cd, but I haven't heard anything since.
09:37 AM on 09/23/09
axl rose
User Info.
I reallylike this band and this album. I don't think it is as good as the last record but it is still great. As others have said, Louis has been doing music like this for years and now that it is cool again people think they are jumping on the bandwagon. Weak. Just go buy this record, crack open a beer, and enjoy!
09:54 AM on 09/23/09
tomahawk
my new pep pep
User Info.
I don't understand why some people aren't letting more than one band participate in this particular genre. Everyone on this site praises 1,000 bands that have the same sound, genre, or influences....but there are 6 good bands playing rock and roll and it's not allowed?
10:32 AM on 09/23/09
Travis Parno
my sensible heart
User Info.
cool. Why do I feel so elated that I got a compliment from an AP.net staff member?
because you're smart, funny, and beautiful

10:34 AM on 09/23/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I don't understand why some people aren't letting more than one band participate in this particular genre. Everyone on this site praises 1,000 bands that have the same sound, genre, or influences....but there are 6 good bands playing rock and roll and it's not allowed?
Mi amigo. There are far more than six.
10:41 AM on 09/23/09
himynameisjohn3
her eyes were blue her hair was too
User Info.
this band and this record are both awesome.
11:54 AM on 09/23/09
noles848
User Info.
The record could have been better but at least its more enjoyable than most of the absolute shit that gets reviewed on here. I don't see whats wrong with being influenced by springsteen? (if you are saying something is wrong with that) Otherwise, good review.
11:58 AM on 09/23/09
AaronMarsh
Copeland / Aaron
User Info.
Fad or no fad, Louis is a real-deal songwriter. It's a shame this band isn't more recognized. Good record.
12:22 PM on 09/23/09
eons
It's my mistake to make.
User Info.
Fad or no fad, Louis is a real-deal songwriter. It's a shame this band isn't more recognized. Good record.
quoted for love.
12:56 PM on 09/23/09
joelibyan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
is it a louis thing, though? is he a difficult commodity to sell? aaron, you know louis (and his bands) going back to the late 90's... why doesnt his stuff strike more chords in people and sell more than it does?
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests