The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
Lido Beach [Myspace] [ap.net profile]
1. How did you get your band name? Lido Beach is a small town on Long Island between Long Beach and Point Lookout. I am from Lido Beach. Woo.
2. How did this band get started?
I quit my old band on tour on May 23, 2007 and started Lido Beach on May 30, 2007. It's been an amazing two years.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Beatles, Nirvana, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, The Who
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
All of the above.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
What is a furry? I am old. I like monkeys.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
The lyrics are real and the melodies are catchy.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Our new jam "It's Over" is in 6/8 and gets a little silly. I think it would be moderately hard to get a five-star but if you follow your dreams anything can happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Every award I get or don't get is dedicated in loving memory to my father. Period.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd love it if labels encouraged artist development and I'd love it even more if people/kids/fans would actually buy cds.
10. Memorable tour experience?
In April we did a super crazy guerilla marketing tour following Fall Out Boy's "Believers Never Die: Part Deux" tour with our acoustics and it was an amazing success!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's my cnn.com. I seriously come here to get "news".
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"All My Loving" by the Beatles and "It's Over" by me.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Vacation? Ha! That costs money! I heart coming back home to NY more than any destination... I also love England.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
"Weird Al" Yankovic.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To never worry about my finances.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I just made a salad today with spinach, grapes, cranberries, honey, almonds and blueberries. I never knew I was capable of such an amazing meal!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I am a movie buff and I like pizza.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can stand on my head and sing the alphabet backwards.