AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 36 of 36
06:08 PM on 09/26/09
Krs-One
User Info.
It steel feels like Four Letter Lie to me. The clean vocals we're great, but I like these vocals too... the album is good.
08:48 PM on 09/26/09
Josh1279
User Info.
Hmmm, i used to dig Four Letter Lie. I know theyre generic but i had a soft spot for them. I liked Kevins vocals alot with the music they played. I enjoyed What a Terrible Thing to Say, that being sad, I really dont like this. Best song on here is My Surrender. Cant really get into anything else. I really wish ADTR would use Kevins voice. I think if they did, that i would really really be into their next album.
Streamed album......wondering if Kevin wrote music on My Surrender track cause it sounds a lot like his style when he was w/FLL. Honest opinion about CD, confused....seems the music doesn't flow--really fragmented. Plan on going to CD release to show support, yet I hope they add a clean singer in the future.
06:28 PM on 09/28/09
samgasm
Young And Aspiring
User Info.
It's sad to see the band reduced to this...album would have been so much better if they'd auditioned for a replacement singer - they sound so 2-dimensional now, maybe even 1-dimensional.
They should definitely consider it if they are to carry on making new music. Plus how can they do any of their old material on tour without a clean vocalist? The drummer situation should be properly addressed as well as opposed to just juggling members.
06:35 AM on 09/29/09
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
Surprisingly, I'm starting to enjoy this album a little more. Sure I miss the clean vox but I dig the heavier sound.
06:39 PM on 10/12/09
Bsam7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like it a lot. Tracks 1-5 are pretty solid. Tracks 1, 4 and 5 are my favorite. I like track 6 a good amount as well. 7-10 kind of lose me a little bit but then it picks back up on the last song a lot. You guys should all give it another listen through with an open mind, don't think about the old singing. Think of it as a brand new band and I bet you might like/appreciate it more. IDK just my opinion obviously, but I thought it's actually pretty good. I look forward to my pre-order :)
06:16 PM on 10/31/09
Josh_OurLastGo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The clean melodic vocals is what made that band what it was. Of anything, they need to do the exact opposite and add more vocals, it's truly their definite sound, not this new style.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos