Password

Album Review

The Ember Days - The Ember Days EP Album Cover

The Ember Days - The Ember Days EP

Reviewed by
The Ember Days - The Ember Days EP
Record Label: Come&Live!
Release Date: January 27, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from inthemidst. You can see all of inthemidst's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
08:17 PM on 10/19/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Just so you know, not really important, but Holding Onto Hope teamed up with Johnson prior to this band.
01:23 PM on 10/20/09
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Just so you know, not really important, but Holding Onto Hope teamed up with Johnson prior to this band.
According to the interview with Chad J., The Ember Days were.
02:02 PM on 10/20/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
According to the interview with Chad J., The Ember Days were.
hmmm that's weird because I know HOH did something with him last year and that's how they released their album.
02:07 PM on 10/20/09
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
hmmm that's weird because I know HOH did something with him last year and that's how they released their album.
All good dude; I don't know the specifics of it, I just happened to read the interview, and used it as a source.

By the way, HOH is a great band also.
12:23 AM on 10/22/09
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
This is surely one of my favourite releases this year. I love it.
12:35 AM on 10/22/09
HometownHero
User Info.
This review makes me punch myself in the face
07:19 AM on 10/22/09
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
This review makes me punch myself in the face
Did you really do it? Or does it make you want to punch yourself in the face?
01:26 PM on 10/22/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Did you really do it? Or does it make you want to punch yourself in the face?
Slapped myself around a bit. Comparing this band to Sigur Ros is laughable at best. The rest of the review. Well was shit. And this band, after giving them a few listens, is bad.
01:30 PM on 10/22/09
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Slapped myself around a bit. Comparing this band to Sigur Ros is laughable at best. The rest of the review. Well was shit. And this band, after giving them a few listens, is bad.
Well, you don't have to beat around the bush. Tell me how you really feel about it!

Sorry to disappoint you. I'll try to live up to your expectations next time around.
01:38 PM on 10/22/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Well, you don't have to beat around the bush. Tell me how you really feel about it!

Sorry to disappoint you. I'll try to live up to your expectations next time around.
I didn't even realize you were the reviewer. My bad. Maybe I just didn't like it because of the amount of times you made sure you included the "Praise Jesus" lyrics, pointed out their Christian beliefs, including the time in Christian college. All irrelevant
02:11 PM on 10/22/09
doppelganger
katy song
User Info.
good review.
02:14 PM on 10/22/09
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
I didn't even realize you were the reviewer. My bad. Maybe I just didn't like it because of the amount of times you made sure you included the "Praise Jesus" lyrics, pointed out their Christian beliefs, including the time in Christian college. All irrelevant
To dispute that, it's quite relevant, considering this is a Christian band, and they live to serve Jesus Christ. I understand that you don't believe in that, and that may frustrate you, but the point is that they're passionate about their beliefs and they express it quite reverently within their music.

The Christian college explanation is just to explain the meaning and purpose behind the song. The comparison to Sigur Ros is based on the use of ambience as a form of instrumentation. They don't really sound alike, really they're just an influence of the band's.
02:25 PM on 10/22/09
HometownHero
User Info.
To dispute that, it's quite relevant, considering this is a Christian band, and they live to serve Jesus Christ. I understand that you don't believe in that, and that may frustrate you, but the point is that they're passionate about their beliefs and they express it quite reverently within their music.

The Christian college explanation is just to explain the meaning and purpose behind the song. The comparison to Sigur Ros is based on the use of ambience as a form of instrumentation. They don't really sound alike, really they're just an influence of the band's.
Fair enough. I just think these Christian bands can get their message across in a more accessible manner. Instead of being bluntly preachy and such they can spread the word in a more, i dont know, cryptic manner of sorts. Like Relient K who have many songs about God but I can relate to them in my own way. And ok if you were talking about influence in the form of ambience then that makes sense. I thought you were saying they sound the same
02:34 PM on 10/22/09
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Fair enough. I just think these Christian bands can get their message across in a more accessible manner. Instead of being bluntly preachy and such they can spread the word in a more, i dont know, cryptic manner of sorts. Like Relient K who have many songs about God but I can relate to them in my own way. And ok if you were talking about influence in the form of ambience then that makes sense. I thought you were saying they sound the same
All good bro! I know what you mean. I guess when you're really passionate about something, and you want others to hear it, it takes over your whole life which includes music. I don't think they mean to alienate those who don't believe in God, but they want to invite the listener to something deeper, and more meaningful.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos