The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
The Texas Chainsaw Mascara - (vocalist "Infant Snuff") myspace twitter
1. How did you get your band name?
We took it from an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's perfect, because we love horror movies and are also drag queens.
2. How did this band get started?
Our guitar player and I had been good friends for a while and wanted to get something started. It finally worked out and has been perfect because our tastes are so similar. We live across the state from each other so most our interaction is done digitally.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Everything from the Misfits to Blink-182 to Black Sabbath.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
The Misfits, Blink-182, and Black Sabbath!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
It just so happens that I am a furry, and my animal of choice is the sloth, because I am a lazy bastard.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They probably shouldn't, but if they're going to take the plunge and listen to just one shitty deathcore band, ours should be the one because we don't take the music seriously. Don't get me wrong; we're serious about what we're doing, but we're just here to have a good time and play some songs. If people like it, that's awesome, but if not, that's cool too. I mean, I just yell unintelligible shit about killing people, scene kids, and breakdowns. We're a joke band that's 100% serious.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Breakdown Throwdown Beatdown Brodown" is our most popular song and one of my favorites, so I'd choose that. I don't think it would be that hard, since we all suck at a what we do.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The big man downstairs, since he never gets any love.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Music should be about the songs again. All of this trend-hopping, scenester bullshit makes me sick. Music is not an image. This is kind of random, but another thing that bothers me is when people have a CD -- back when people actually bought CDs -- and only listened to a couple tracks. I used to have friends like what and it was like, "You're missing out on some awesome songs that you have right in front of you. Why the hell would you do that?" The digital age with the easy of buying a single song off iTunes only amplifies the problem. Go ahead and download our CDs, just please do me the justice of listening to the whole thing and not just the hit singles or whatever.
10. Memorable tour experience?
No real tours so far, but anytime anyone has some reaction about the band -- whether they love it or hate it -- I get tingly in my pants.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The internet is serious business.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Breakdown Throwdown Beatdown Brodown" because it activates the fucking pit!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I love New England, but it's nice to get away to some place warm and tropical sometimes.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My mother usually had good 70's rock on, like the Allmans, Tom Petty, Neil Young. I thank her for that. My dad, on the other hand, listened to horrible shit like Barbra Streisand. I think it's his fault that I make such awful music now. Whoa, we just had a major breakthrough.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd be invisible. In addition to playing pranks and doing such fun shit without getting caught, you could totally watch girls change.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We've made our grave, and now we have to lie in it.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
From the beginning, we were very "secretive" about the whole project. People didn't know who was in the band or where we were from; all they knew was that we made some br00tal t00ns. After a rift in the band, we came clean about most of it, but something a lot of people still probably don't know is that, despite attempting to play heavy music, I absolutely love pop-punk.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween, because I'm a huge horror movie fan, and Halloween is our holiday. It's great to see all the classics running on TV and on sale for cheap at the stores. Even the Halloween episodes of crappy sitcoms are the best. We even recorded a cover of Misfits' "Halloween" to celebrate our favorite day of the year.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
My free time is divided between my love for music, movies, friends, and the wonders of the internet. If I'm not in class or at work, there's a 99% chance I'm listening to music or watching a movie while watching some crazy internet video with some friends.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I have no talent, hidden or otherwise.