Username
Password

Album Review

Dave Melillo - Talk is Cheap Album Cover

Dave Melillo - Talk is Cheap

Reviewed by
David Melillo – Talk is Cheap
Drive Thru Records
Release Date: June 13, 2006 (Available now for free at MTVU)
----
SCORE
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
: {6/10}

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:39 AM on 05/16/06
fedhed7
Chickens don't clap!
User Info.
I agree. Vocals and production are definately the high points.
11:40 AM on 05/16/06
Luckie St
Is Sad About Cartel
User Info.
good review. i listened to this ep a whole lot for a few weeks, but i got over really quick.
11:43 AM on 05/16/06
dekdog11
needs you so much closer
User Info.
i personally enjoy this ep and would give it about an 8/10.
but good review
11:43 AM on 05/16/06
jnkbondtrader
User Info.
the comparison with start back at start is dead on. this ep isn't bad, but it gets old fast.
02:43 PM on 05/16/06
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
i like this ep alot. would probably give it the same score.
03:44 PM on 05/16/06
dashboard1190
skinny love
User Info.
I like the EP, but it's not for anyone who has graduated high school.
05:49 PM on 05/16/06
histrionics22
What were you Thinking?
User Info.
Originally Posted by jnkbondtrader
the comparison with start back at start is dead on. this ep isn't bad, but it gets old fast.

Thats unfortunate. For how bad Halifax gets made of for being generic now, Start Back at Start was the eptiome of generic. It was enjoyable, but it gets old fast.
09:00 PM on 05/16/06
bbelair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i really like the ep and would definitely give it higher than a 6.
03:46 AM on 05/17/06
XBurnedDesireX
All the way from Noraz
User Info.
So was the other review just to convince Dave to do an interview with AP, and then trash the album a minute after the interview??????
I dont understand AP...dont get me wrong I agree with some of the things you say on your review but why do you have to have different reviews of the same album??? And why only do it for some of the albums and not all of them???/
09:40 AM on 05/17/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Originally Posted by XBurnedDesireX
So was the other review just to convince Dave to do an interview with AP, and then trash the album a minute after the interview??????
I dont understand AP...dont get me wrong I agree with some of the things you say on your review but why do you have to have different reviews of the same album??? And why only do it for some of the albums and not all of them???/
It's quite simple actually, the fact is I didn't even know Tony had reviewed it already until late last night.

I don't think Dave said, "hey, write me a good review and i'll do an interview." We work with whoever wants to work with us, and our reviews say what we feel.
04:05 PM on 05/17/06
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Originally Posted by Garett Press
It's quite simple actually, the fact is I didn't even know Tony had reviewed it already until late last night.

I don't think Dave said, "hey, write me a good review and i'll do an interview." We work with whoever wants to work with us, and our reviews say what we feel.

Further information: Drive Thru did not even know that review #1 was on the site when they offerred the interview with Dave.
07:15 PM on 05/17/06
Versus The Shed
Support Massacre ShallNot
User Info.
The Only Thing I Dont Like is that it is an ep.. this guy is very good...sometimes reminding me of Jamison Covington (JamisonParker)... if more song would be listenig to it everyday... But best song is Knights of the Island Counter..

BBTB, Chiodos, August Burns Red, #12 looks like u
May 23
12:38 AM on 05/18/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Originally Posted by XBurnedDesireX
And just a 3rd note... if you consider this review trashing Dave Melillo, then you should try reading it.
12:15 AM on 05/19/06
XBurnedDesireX
All the way from Noraz
User Info.
"Trashing" it was an overstatement, I apologize... like I said before, I agree with the review i just didnt understand why you(AP) had to write two different reviews for the same album, thanks for explaining it though...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos