Floral Terrace - 09.28.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Floral Terrace - (Justin Olori, lead singer)[myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
It's a street in Secaucus, NJ. I think we all liked the band name because we have a lot of history on the street and it’s kind of our way of reminding ourselves to cite it as like a starting point and a place we pretty much wanted to get away from.
2. How did this band get started?
I was in a local band from skratch with all my friends called Det By Row and when that fizzled out, we kind of made our ways around town and then me and George came into Floral Terrace together.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bayside, 311 Morrisey, Vampire Weekend and Brand New and so much more. I'd like to think a lot of hip-hop ideals creepily linger in what we're about as well.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'd love to tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers . It would be really cool to soak in all their vast knowledge of the world for a few weeks.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Cat all day long. Reason would mainly be to cat lamp all day.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
One thing upon many we're going to do for our record is truly mess with a few different genres. Mainly always a clean blend of indie, hip-hop and post-hardcore stuff. We're trying to take a no rules approach. When a lot of bands are in the writing process they'll say "Oh, we can’t do that" and laugh off some sort of wacky part. We plan on doing it.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Our song “Hops Lane” has a really busy lead riff that would be fun as hell to play on there. On expert it would definitely get a bit tricky!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The band, the fans, my parents, the producer, and the label, and probably some more people who I haven't met yet, but would had I been in that situation haha.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Mainly, what Tom Delonge is working on, and that is a way bands can make proper income for their size and popularity again, much like when CD's worked in the 90's. Back then, bands usually, fairly just got nice amounts of money as they got bigger and bigger. These days you'd be surprised how many popular bands are broke. I am ok with it because like I said, I hope Tom Delonge, or Apple, or someone will figure something fair and normal out. Until then, I guess we all are going to be walking around with iPods and stolen music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Too many, but one in particular is the time we raced a band into a hotel room, but we got lost together while racing and wound up beating them to the room right at the last second so perfectly.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A lot. I know a lot of kids get a little crazy on here, but the news and exclusive content is off the chain!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
A new song called “Walking Down Radio”. It’s got a lot of cool stuff going on and I also play with the drummer during the ending , it’s crazy!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My room :)
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything from the early 90's . I remember many, many super hot summer days back in [the] day with like, Soundgarden's single “Black Hole Sun” playing from my neighbor’s boom box. Good times.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I know everyone always says this, but to fly. It would just be so boss.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not at all. We have so much left to do, from releasing our first official record… and yeah so much more to do before we'll have even come close.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have a huge family. I live in my house with 2 sisters, a brother and a huge dog named Murphy. Not to mention my band. Thieves and Villains come over almost every day, as well as random bands we're on tour with! Consider it a punk rock version [of] Full House, minus bob Saget.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas all day long.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sleep, smoke, drink, chill with my friends, and watch the Discovery Channel.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can make that wave thing with my stomach.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |