AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

A Play On Words - 09.27.09

Interviewed by: Rich Duncan (10/12/09)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

A Play On Words - (Charlie Foti, front man/guitarist)[myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?
Well, one night when I was eating dinner, my brother came in the room and said, “you should name your band A Play On Words.” The name stuck, so I did.

2. How did this band get started?
I was fronting a screamo band, but I quit to make acoustic music instead back in January this year.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Dashboard Confessional, Copeland, Remember Maine

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I think an awesome tour that would be tight to be on would be with Lydia, Anchor and Braille, & Jonny Craig. They all put on good shows, and all the bands' genres are the same, but they all have different styles within the genre and Jonny Craig drives in reverse.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Truthfully, I wouldn't

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Well, I have put a lot of time into it. I seriously consider my music to be quality music. I guess it can be relatable. At a show one time this guy came up to me and said my music sounds like one side of a conversation. I guess that's a good thing.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Oh my gosh. I think “Metaphor“, just because it's more of a complicated song. I doubt I'd be able to play it on expert :P

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, Family, all my awesome friends, NCIS, Aaron Marsh

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The whole techno craze. Don't get me wrong, I dig Breathe Carolina and Swimming With Dolphins and The Secret Handshake, but when there's 136912456 bands out there, all famous from myspace, and all sounding the same, it's sort of strange.

10. Memorable tour experience?
There's a venue down in Tarpon Springs, FL called Neptune's. It's totally DIY shows. The show was supposed to start at 7, and all the bands were there and a bunch of kids, but the place was locked, and nobody was in it. I went up to the back door and knocked and I heard a bunch of dogs just barking their heads off. It was so weird. The guy finally opened the door around 7:45, and in the meantime it was pouring outside.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP is where I get all the news about my hero, Jefrree Star! just kidding. AP is probably my most visited site, along with Farmville. I get all the music news, all the AbsoluteExclusives, and all the videos from the site. the polls and forums can get pretty funny too.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I think I'd have to pick three: "Mad World" (Gary Jules) "Bro, Ashley's Here" (Attack Attack) and my song, “Metaphor“. I'm finally recording my acoustic cover of “Bro, Ashley's Here” next Sunday, so I'm totally stoked for that.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I live in a vacation spot.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Good old Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, and MJ. My parents always played oldies.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Fairly Odd Parents, i don’t know if that counts as a super power, but seriously. think about it. Wouldn’t that be awesome!

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Nope

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I used to be a screamer.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas, duhhh

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I play pranks on people, I go to school, I play a ton of Burnout Revenge.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
If I'm wearing shorts, I can take my underwear off without taking my shorts off. this is seriously the first time I'm telling anyone that.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
05:58 PM on 12/27/09
TERRABITHIA
Lights, Camera, Action.
User Info.
Ha. My old band basically has the same name as yours. We found it a while back.
www.myspace.com/playonwardsrock
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums