AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Artifex Pereo -- Am I Invisible Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 8.25
Production 6.75
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 6.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 73%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 8.5
Production 9
Creativity 6.25
Lasting Value 7.5
Reviewer Tilt 8
Average: 80%
Inside AP.net

Artifex Pereo -- Am I Invisible

Reviewed by: the andyspecial (10/13/09)
Artifex Pereo - Am I Invisible
Label: Unsigned
Release Date: July 18th, 2009

"Author I perish", translated to Artifex Pereo seams together aspects of ambient emo rock with metal and pop pun on Am I Invisible. Few of the songs and ideas on the album appear to be new found, yet the mixture of sounds and influences is tasteful. In regards to direct influences, "The Hunt" can be pointed out by the dead on Gatsby's American Dream regurgitation Though not original, the track and the greater majority of the album convey well thought out and patient songs that appear to be more of a homage to their influences than an attempt to ride on the coat tails of their predecessors. The stunning brutality of “Posture and Progress” is an eye-opening, rhythmically inclined interface to the rest of the album’s low-key presence.

What this Louisville sextet has working for them is their willingness and ability to experiment. Expanding on the works of a generalized Emo-Core scene through subtle passages does not qualify a band for the limelight. These small pushes in conjunction with an already digestible medium of music allow the listener to focus on the ardor of Am I Invisible. Exacting crescendos on “Neighbor”, the focused aggression of “The Pendulum”, and the airy presence during the breakdown of “Cylinder Shaped World” are only a handful of the highlights of Arifex Pereo’s first release. Should this band expand on their current mindset and evolve beyond their current mechanisms there is no doubt that their mark will be made. For now, nestle into this delicately orchestrated handful of songs while hoping for a more groundbreaking sophomore release.

Tracklist:1) Or Am I Dead
2) Posture and Progress
3) The Hunt
4) Neighbors
5) The Lantern And The Firefly
6) The Pendulum
7) Cylinder Shaped World
8) Granulated Eyelids

Recommended If You Like Gatsby's American Dream, In Fear and Faith, Circa Survive

http://www.myspace.com/artifexpereo

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
08:41 PM on 11/07/09
Brand-new-123
Prone to wander
User Info.
It's not very original at all but I did enjoy the album. Good dudes, pretty good music. They're definitely one of the best bands in the Louisville scene right now.
09:32 AM on 12/04/09
shockles1
User Info.
an amazing band live and on there cd's. they are hands down the best band in the louisville local scene
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums