The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
You are the Science I am the Faith - (Jason Breichner, singer/guitarist)[myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
I wrote it down one day when I was 15, and then when it came time to start the project, I went back to it. I kind of wish I could change it.
2. How did this band get started?
I wanted to be a real folk singer, so I started writing more and more songs by myself, and then eventually met up with a real producer(Trevor Simpson).
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Woody Guthrie, Warren Zevon, Kanye West, Johnny Cash, etc. etc.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Bob Dylan, because he is the greatest songwriter to ever live, nothing more you can say than that.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A dog, so I could sleep all day, and eat constantly no matter how shitty the food was.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I've just signed to Jake Records and I have an album coming out February 19th. If you like simple melodic folk songs that don't fuck around, give my tunes a listen at www.myspace.com/yatsiatf
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"The Politics of Fear". It would be the easiest expert song of all time. Not a fan of Guitar Hero or Rock Band.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less assholes. Better music. More competition.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Sitting in a motel and having the owner of it sit underneath a truck and stare at you through the window. Then hide when you look at him.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Helps cure boredom every now and then.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
A yet to be recorded song called "Song for the Working Man".
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To create eternal world peace, because then I wouldn't need any other super powers.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't worry about that kind of thing.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That they aren't the only fan.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch the Philadelphia Eagles kick the shit out of the Dallas Cowgirls.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm a boxer.