|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
To Write A Riot - 10.09.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
To Write A Riot -[myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
We decided on the band name "To Write A Riot!" because we saw the "riots" that some of our biggest influences incite via music i.e. The Beatles, Michael Jackson, etc. so we just want to try and write a riot much like they did.
2. How did this band get started?
We have all been friends for a very long time in different music projects but we all wanted something a little more serious and decided to embark on this project as our main priority.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We have a lot of musical influences, a lot of older pop music, everything from The Beatles to Michael Jackson and everything in between
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
A package consisting of Kanye West and Taylor Swift, enough said.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
We'd probably be a domesticated skunk only because we really dig black and white. Of course domesticated because we wouldn't smell!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to our band most importantly because they want to.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
The song we would want in the game would most likely be "Eyes For This Town" because we feel like it would be the best to jump around your living room to. To get 5 stars on expert would be fairly difficult but as long as you kept at for hours (or maybe a solid 20 minutes). I’m sure you could get the 5 stars you're looking for.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The list of people to thank would literally be too long to even write down. We've had so many people behind us from the start that in the one minute we were given it would be close to impossible to thank them all. We'd have to thank our parents obviously, and the amazing fans because without them we wouldn't be on any stage let alone the stage at the Grammys.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We would change how much is done “digitally” in today’s industry. On the last tour we were lucky enough to visit to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio and it really brought into perspective where music has come from and where it’s going. Let’s just say that Elvis Presley wouldn’t be caught dead with a pitch corrector.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We recently stayed with a friend of our tour manager who lives in Columbus, Ohio and currently attends OSU. In the short time we were there the school definitely lived up to its reputation. None of us ended up making it back to the house before sunrise…
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is an awesome source for upcoming music news and information. A great way for smaller bands to get exposure to fans they may not have been able to reach out to under normal circumstances.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
“Eyes For This Town” because it’s usually the first song we play in the set and because it always sets the energy high and kicks the set off with a bang.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Being from the east coast I would have to say Cape Cod.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
It would have to be the first CD I ever bought with my own money when I was 8 which was “Dookie” by Green Day
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The only super power truly worth having…the ability to fly.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
"Making it" doesn't consist of massive tour buses or thousand seat arenas. "Making it" is all about people just using your music to make their everyday lives better. If putting our CD in your CD player helps you through a tough situation or even if it just makes your day a little bit better then that's what we consider "making it"
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans don't know that we're very nice soft-spoken guys, so please don't be afraid to come up and say hi at a show, we don't bite and we really dig hugs!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween, because there's no harm in being someone else for a night!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We don't usually come across a lot of spare time but usually we really like talking to anyone who hits us up on AIM or Facebook. We love meeting new people. We also play a lot of Playstation 2, yes, not Playstation 3...Playstation 2...we indeed live in the stone age.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Some of us can juggle and it’s intense.
05:52 PM on 10/20/09
i just got the free-p the other day. good band.
01:24 PM on 10/24/09
thank you! new song and new myspace up this thursday :]
More From This Author