The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
THE KNOCKDOWN [MYSPACE]
1.How did you get your band name?
We started jamming as a band in late 2004 in early college. We had been a band for three weeks and after ideas such as The Secret Sword,The Raid, Age of Heroes, and H is for Hero had been shot down, we finally decided on The Knockdown.
2. How did this band get started?
We all met at college at SUNY Onoenta in Oneonta, NY. There is a class there called Rock Combo where strangers are put into bands together and then graded on attendance. Jay (guitar) and I (Vic, Vocals) met and a year later we met our drummer, Eric who was a friend of a friend. I eventually met our bassist Mike in college physics. We started to play shows around Oneonta and get really drunk at house parties throughout 2005 and 2006. We got serious in 2007 and have since played 200 shows and released a full length on Kiss of Death Records in 2008.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We take a lot of cues from Hot Water Music, The Bouncing Souls, Lifetime and Latterman. Beyond that, the list of bands we are into is endless.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I think a Bouncing Souls/Strike Anywhere/The Knockdown tour would be amazing.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
We probably be some cat that sits around your house and eats your food.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We would rather just make music that we like and if people want to listen, that's rad.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would choose "Shit Went Down Last Night at the Italian Kitchen" and I think it would be difficult on the expert level but if at you were
sharp enough, you could get that five star.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank my parents and people that have supported us.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would like to see the majors change their business model so that bands can have careers on majors and not just release one record and get dropped.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I once climbed to the top of a water tower in North Carolina.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a good music news site. I don't read it a ton but it usually has info on a band I am interested in.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Welcome to the Desmond
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
REM and U2
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would have the ability to fly so I wouldn't have to drive any
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't think we've made it but I don't really know what that means.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our drummer Eric is an Eagle Scout.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to watch movies, Eric surfs, Mike records bands, Jay gets hip in Brooklyn, and Jon works as a pizza delivery guy
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Our guitarist Jay is actually an amazing cook. True Story.