AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Thrown Away Thoughts - 01.07.09

Thrown Away Thoughts - 01.07.09

Interviewed by
Thrown Away Thoughts - 01.07.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Thrown Away Thoughts (Kyle Scott)

1. How did you get your band name?
A long time ago, before the band actually started, I wrote a song and a friend pointed out part of a line to that song, and said... this would be a good band name! And so "Thrown Away Thoughts" was born.

2. How did this band get started?
I (the singer/guitarist) had been recording some solo stuff over the years. My best friend decided he wanted to learn an instrument, and I had a spare drum set... so I taught him drums and we started writing music together. Eventually we decided to call it a band, got a couple more members, and decided to start playing shows locally where we live. (Alaska)

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Coheed and Cambria, The Fall of Troy, Portugal. The Man, tons more.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

I would want to tour with... Portugal. The Man because we are friends and both from Alaska... Tera Melos because they are experimental and awesome, and hmm... Coheed and Cambria because they are probably my biggest influence. They got me into experimental/prog music.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Dog. They have such a simple and enjoyable life, as long as they have a good owner.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we are honest and play music true to ourselves, not what other people want to hear.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I'd choose our song "Our Last Stand" because it has a sweet breakdown in the end, and I don't think I've ever heard a good breakdown in a guitar hero song. It would probably be pretty hard.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Our parents, for buying our equipment and giving us a place to practice, and especially our drummer's dad because he brings our stuff to most of the shows.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Start promoting different genres of music instead of just "Rap", "Pop", and "Rock". There's so much more to be explored and half the world doesn't even realize that prog music exists.

10. Memorable tour experience?
We haven't been on tour yet, we are stuck in Alaska. But I'd say playing with Portugal. The Man was probably our most exciting experience.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
There is a lot of good news and it keeps me up to date on almost every band. But a lot of people seem to be filled with hate and just say things to piss other people off, so I tend to lurk on the forums.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Echoes and Sunshine", it is an old favorite and a lot of fun.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere warm. Hahah.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I think the first CD I had was NSync or something. I know, pretty lame.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I wish I could teleport. That way I could see anyone/anything I want at any time.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not even close. You can only get so far in Alaska, we have to move and tour before we can make it.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm a loser, I spend most of my time at home playing World of Warcraft. Hahahh.

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Halloween. Free candy and friends, hell yeah!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Watch Lost, Play guitar/drums, and World of Warcraft pretty much.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can draw pretty good but I don't do it much anymore.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
01:09 AM on 10/24/09
xkristenxchaosx
another opinionated asshole.
User Info.
I'm from alaska. It was the weirdest thing to see a post about this band on here. for a minute i was like "oh, so their band nme isn't too original, there's another band called 'thrown away thoughts!'" and then i looked at the picture and saw other local bands names and read the article where they mention it. INNN SANEE.
11:11 AM on 10/24/09
Marshall
Marshall Lee
User Info.
Played with these guys when I toured up to Alaska 2 months ago and they have a pretty good guitar player and pretty nice guys.
12:26 PM on 10/24/09
ThrownAwayKyle
User Info.
haha, thanks guys :)
12:58 AM on 08/25/10
upnorthlee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awesome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates