AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Better Left Alone - 01.07.09

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (10/23/09)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Better Left Alone
- (Nick Else) [myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?
Our guitarist, Nick, and our singer, Eddy, came up with the name when we were at college. If I remember correctly it was something to do with the fact a girl was Better Left Alone or something but is just one of those things that just come straight off the top your head when you least expect it.

2. How did this band get started?
It came together with local musician forums, friend of friends and playing gig's with other bands. The usual...

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Our music takes influences from bands like Brand New, Lostprophets, Cauterize, Jimmy Eat World and more.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

I (Nick) would love to tour with blink-182. The reason I picked up a guitar was because of Tom Delonge, and I learned to become a better player by just jamming out to Dude Ranch and Enema of the State. Although Paramore is a close second since our other guitarist, Dann, has a major crush there! lol

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

A Dog. Man, no responsibilities and just being able to kick back all day!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us because we are a band who always leaves a piece of ourselves in our songs. Whether it's heartache, happiness or whatever we write music we hope everyone can relate to in someway. We are just happy to have the chance to be able to do something we all dream of.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
We have a song we are currently in the process of recording called 'Echoes and Still Whispers' which will be on our next EP which would be sick. I'm not too sure how hard it would be on expert but the songs are always harder on Guitar Hero than in real life anyway!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mum, My Dad, God, Barack Obama, Chuck Norris, Dog the Bounty Hunter. You know, the usual.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Fair deals for bands. We recently signed a deal over here in the UK and it's a very good deal for us, but I know a lot of bands who have to pay thousands up front to labels and stuff, so basically just a fair deal for everyone involved.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Just goofing around with the guys in the band really - drunken nights, long drives and Mik shooting fireworks from his ass!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's the first website I (Nick) visit every day. Absolutely love it - always get the news and updates first! Always helping out up and coming bands too!

12. What is your favourite song to play?
A song of ours called "Echoes and Still Whispers". Just has so much energy.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere in Florida or Cali. In fact, anywhere in the USA really.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink-182, The Starting Line, Lit, Fenix TX

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Invisibility. The possibilities are endless, whether it's fun or revenge!

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

Not quite yet, got a long way to go. As I mentioned before, we signed a recording contract recently and we hope this could be our chance to make a name.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Nick is the only one in the band who does not smoke or drink!

18. What's your favourite holiday?
Christmas, gotta love the gifts!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write new songs or play Playstation 3.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Mik used to play Saxophone, Eddy is a Pokémon Master, Nick can name every WWE champion since 1998, Dann can watch all the Star Wars in one sitting and Calum can actually just about play the bass!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT