|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Hello Control - (Mikey)
1. How did you get your band name?
We always try and tell different stories for this because we got the name in a super lame way, but we really got the name from a friend of ours. It was his myspace name for a while and we just really loved how it sounded. Plus there aren't any other bands called that which is always a plus. AND yes, we know it's the name of a Brandtson album. I actually grew up listening to them and that album is really great, but it didn't have anything to do with them.
2. How did this band get started?
All of us were playing in local bands and always seemed to jump from one to another trying to find a perfect fit. It just never worked. Ryan and I (Mikey) had been friends for a while and always talked about playing what we loved, pop rock, so finally we just said fuck it and started looking for the right people. We saw Milo and Garry play in their local band and just knew they would be perfect. We all talked and decided to write some catchy pop rock songs and here we are a year later. It's been amazing and I can't wait to see what's in store for 2009!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We all have been really influenced by the obvious bands like Blink 182 and Green Day. We all went through our hardcore era but when it comes to right now, we all really love bands like Simple Plan, All-American Rejects, Jimmy Eat World.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I think we would really all love to tour on a Blink 182 re-union, who wouldn't? haha I know Forever The Sickest Kids would right? It would be amazing to tour with Simple Plan. They seem to have this amazing ability to not be in a certain scene and they tour all over the world, it's awesome.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
It would be amazing to be a wolf. Think about how many shirts would have your picture on it!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our band is better than your band and we will get stuck in your head, PLUS, our CD is free to download. Just go to the link at the bottom of this interview.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
It would be awesome to have our song "Hear You Sing" in it. Sweet guitar riffs and bouncy drums. If you're a loser it would be super easy to get five-stars. JK
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would thank Absolute Punk obviously! Our families and friends have been so supportive and our fans have just really been over the top awesome.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I mean how could you change it right now? That's the million dollar question. No one buys music and the economy sucks ass. I probably wouldn't change it. I can't wait to see where it goes.
10. Memorable tour experience?
A few of us got on stage with All Time Low and played "Dammit" with them which was fun as hell. We also did a cover of NFG's "My Friends Over You" and Nick from Hit The Lights came out and sang the song.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's the only place I trust for music info. I go to it at least five times a day. It's almost as good as Pornhub.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We like to do a lot of fun covers and I really love playing Maroon 5's "Harder To Breathe". Milo (our singer) puts the guitar down and really gets down with the crowd.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I can't say I have much time to vacation, but I'm a big fan of Vegas. Next year, hopefully, I will be heading to Mexico. Anywhere WARM!!! It's way too cold up here in the great white northeast.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Huey Lewis and the News. My first album was "Sports". I still rock it so hard.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would have the power to see anyone I wanted naked.....because then I could see Katy Perry in her birthday suit!
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I really don't think we can say we made it until we are playing at Miley Cyrus' house party. So no.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I don't think the fans know how hard it is to be in a band. We all love it to death but unless your daddy owns a dealership being in a band can be so expensive! boo hoo. haha...
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Easter, I love the candy.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Big fans of Bowling
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
MUSIC VIDEO: http://blip.tv/file/608808/
FREE EP DOWNLOAD through D-Toxic: http://www.myspace.com/hellocontrol - click the top banner
01:43 PM on 10/25/09
I really enjoy this band, one of the few artists that have remained on my ipod through the years.
02:00 PM on 10/25/09
LOL, this bands from my hometown, i know most of the dudes
Buy The Music