The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
I was messing around with this website and noticed the words "garden", "set", and "fire". Together they sounded pretty good.
2. How did this band get started?
August of 2006, I was looking to start a new band and got some friends together and just started writing some songs.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Sunny Day Real Estate, Hum, Circa Survive, Taking Back Sunday, Anberlin, Underoath, ...list goes on
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Anberlin or Circa Survive. They have such amazing energy and they are two bands we look up to. Jen, the vocalist of the band would love to tour with Forever The Sickest Kids because it would simply be a lot of good fun.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Jen would be a fox, Matt would be a bunny, Sam would be a bear. Basically because that is what we would think that we would all be.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We have a lot of energy and we write songs that people seem to relate to and enjoy.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
'Side By Side' because it is our most popular but only for Guitar Hero. For Rock Band our song 'God Damn' because it's a fun song on every instrument. They would both be pretty easy.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Family, Friends, Influences, Religious figures, any people who helped us make it.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Easier for bands to make it.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing NJ was fun. It was our first out of state show.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
haha Matt's an addict. He's constantly on AP.net.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of my own 'God Damn'. It's such a fast paced song and lots of people don't expect it to come from us.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything from the 90's.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Teleport. Touring would be so much easier.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not yet, but we hope someday.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Matt's from Long Island. We are currently recording our ep.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Being in a band. Playing music is like our life... it is all we want to ever do.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Jen can knit.