AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: They Sound Like Robots - 01.08.09

They Sound Like Robots - 01.08.09

Interviewed by
They Sound Like Robots - 01.08.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

They Sound Like Robots

1. How did you get your band name?
Our other vocalist, Pat, came up with it in the summer of 2008. Its also kind of ironic because we really don't sound like robots. hahaha

2. How did this band get started?
This band got started after our old band kinda fell apart. Pretty much like late summer 2008.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Most definitely Converge, and then others like Fear Before the March of Flames, The Bled, Rage Against the Machine, Thursday, and The Dillinger Escape Plan. We basically take influence from anything, as we all jam different styles of music in the car or at practice or anywhere really.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
My personal dream tour would be us opening with Stray From the Path, Embrace the End, The Dillinger Escape Plan (just because they're insane live), and Converge as the headliner.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A furry animal eh? I have no idea. haha

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we're trying to bring something new to the table and not have your ears saturated with the same generic music that was popular since 2000.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Definitely "Fresh Meat". It's a new song we wrote and it's insane. I would definitely say it would be the equivalent to the Dragonforce song, even though "Fresh Meat" is only 2 and half minutes long.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Pee Wee Herman, and I speak for the band when I say that.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That it's all about the money, because music isn't meant to be interpreted as a business but is more or less just a way to express yourself and have loads of fun.

10. Memorable tour experience?
15 sweaty dudes in a small room - does not smell good at all. Oh, and eating at a Dennys!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I've been on here since like 2005 and check it every day. It's probably one of my favorite sites of all time.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Fresh Meat" (and some of the stuff we have in the works) is pretty gnarly to jam out to at practice.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Hmmmmmm. Anywhere that's warm is fine with me.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
When I first got into Hardcore it was all about The Bled's Pass the Flask. I still jam that cd even to this day.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Hmmmm, Super Strength!

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Nahh, not even close. We've been a band for almost a half a year now, and we still got a lot of work and shows ahead of us.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We have the worst senses of humor ever. We laugh at ourselves 99.9% of the time.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
My personal favorite is Halloween, just because I love horror movies!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I'm a graphic designer by day, so I love to work on new stuff for various bands!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
They're called Hidden Talents for a reason! ;) But seriously, I don't think I have any hidden talents. psh lame.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
10:50 AM on 10/29/09
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
ahha good band man good band
11:34 AM on 10/29/09
LikeAnAvalanche
User Info.
ahha good band man good band
BRANDON THE PROSTHETIC BEAR. <3

love him. and you joe. haha