AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Title, The - The Supersecret EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9.5
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 7.75
Production 9.25
Creativity 9.5
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9.75
Final Verdict: 91%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Title, The - The Supersecret EP

Reviewed by: jnjumppman23 (11/06/09)
The Title - The Supersecret EP
Record Label: Self-released
Release Date: May 12, 2009

The Title is a power-pop/electronica band that hails from Hoboken, New Jersey. In these past three years, they have released four EPs and one full-length. They also have another full length coming out in December. The Title is one of those bands that do not stop making music, and in their case, it's not a bad thing at all. The title has experimented with many different types of beats and have done acoustic songs. They take music to a whole new level.

The EP starts out with a fast-paced song called "Calling Home" that's loaded with drum beats and amazing vocals. Nick Esposito tears up this jam. The lyrics aren't really that great, but Nick's voice and amazing beat makes up for it. The song ends with a low-voice "We're calling it home, but oh no we're alone/ I've been feeling this way everywhere that i go." The second track is possibly the best on the album. "Distance" starts out with a piano verse that sounds a little like Charlie Brown, but then Nick's vocals blast out with the lines "I can honestly admit that i'm hoping I'll impress you/ I wrote you from the heart, I'm not trying to undress you." The track keeps the piano beginning mostly the whole song but adds a new flavor of synths and beats. The chorus: "Stay here tonight/Just stay by my side/I don't care if it's right, All I know is I want you here tonight." The track nicely ends with a repeat of the second chorus, "..With you by my side, Everything else feels like it will be fine." Now, the third track, "Just Barely" is going to have to be the less-listened to track on the EP. It is an electronic remake of one of Nick Esposito's acoustic songs that was on his myspace profile instead of the band's. Don't get me wrong, It is a pretty good song and it's in the right place; it just seems like the second track with different lyrics. The lyrics in it are pretty good, though. The fourth jam on the EP is "Driving Home" which is a slow/fast paced song that you can either jam out to or relax to. Your choice. The only letdown of this song is that the song could've had better lyrics instead of repeating the chorus and having a pause in the middle of the song. Nevertheless, it is a good jam-out track. Finally, the EP is brfilliantly executed with a remake of The Title's hit song "Fading" from their full length that was released around Summer 2008. The track isn't called "Fading" though. It's called "Fading (DJ E.l.T.I.T. Remix)." In my opinion, this remake isn't as great as the original, but it has a more fast-paced beat and is a song that's perfect for a party song.

Also, The band has recently released a "B-Side" to The Supersecret EP. This "B-Side" contains four new tracks at the moment. It includes a high-tempo track called "I Told You So," two great acoustic tracks to relax to ("The Summer Acoustic", and "Untitled 2"). It also includes another remake of guess what track? You guessed it! "Fading."

The Supersecret EP is a brilliant EP and includes amazing electronic vocals and awesome heart-punding beats. Even though it has a few let-donws, Its all-around a great album. The Title has done it once again!

Nick's voice seems to never fail on this EP. His voice keeps with the tempo and nicely executes each track on the EP. Therefore, If you're into A Rocket To The Moon's old music, Represent, Nickasaur, or even Owl City, you will love New Jerseys' The Title. Check them out on Myspace!

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
03:34 AM on 11/28/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That middle paragraph is like, woah, too long!
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests