Password

Album Review

Paramore - Brand New Eyes Album Cover

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

Reviewed by
Paramore - Brand New Eyes
Record Label: Fueled by Ramen
Release Date: September 29, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from James Ding. You can see all of James Ding's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
07:00 PM on 11/27/09
touchstone
wut
User Info.
Quote:
Additionally, it's a shame to hear Hayley's voice so restrained, considering the huge range she's capable of.

I disagree so strongly with this sentiment. Restraint is the separation between a singer with skill and talent and a singer with talent. Many people can sing--very few have control of their voice. One of my favorite parts of this record was hearing how much more mature and refined Hayley's voice sounded. She has a wonderfully trained quality to her voice that hasn't shown up til this record. Who cares if you can hit that note if you can't hit it well?
07:38 PM on 11/27/09
parawhore10
take apart your head.
User Info.
how is paramore anything like green day?
08:35 AM on 11/28/09
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
User Info.
how is paramore anything like green day?
Seriously.
09:17 AM on 11/28/09
parawhore10
take apart your head.
User Info.
seriously like you're agreeing with me? or that you think they're alike? lol
09:38 AM on 11/28/09
karadoll
User Info.
seriously like you're agreeing with me? or that you think they're alike? lol
Like I'm agreeing with you. They're NOTHING alike.
10:18 AM on 11/28/09
parawhore10
take apart your head.
User Info.
Like I'm agreeing with you. They're NOTHING alike.
phew good thing lol i also don't think they should ever be compared to a shitty bubblegum pop band like hey monday.
12:01 PM on 11/28/09
James Ding
User Info.
They're both pop-punk bands who have become popular in the mainstream. Not too hard to see that link I don't think. Just Paramore haven't gotten anywhere near as popular as Green Day.

And in terms of Hey Monday I really don't see how anyone could not see a link there, especially as if Paramore hadn't been so successful I doubt Hey Monday would have appeared on anyone's radar.
12:05 PM on 11/28/09
James Ding
User Info.
I disagree so strongly with this sentiment. Restraint is the separation between a singer with skill and talent and a singer with talent. Many people can sing--very few have control of their voice. One of my favorite parts of this record was hearing how much more mature and refined Hayley's voice sounded. She has a wonderfully trained quality to her voice that hasn't shown up til this record. Who cares if you can hit that note if you can't hit it well?
I think you're exactly right with the skill & talent/just talented analogy. Unfortunately I just wasn't impressed with her voice when she sings in that manner. I don't feel that she sounds as good.
01:41 PM on 11/28/09
parawhore10
take apart your head.
User Info.
They're both pop-punk bands who have become popular in the mainstream. Not too hard to see that link I don't think. Just Paramore haven't gotten anywhere near as popular as Green Day.

And in terms of Hey Monday I really don't see how anyone could not see a link there, especially as if Paramore hadn't been so successful I doubt Hey Monday would have appeared on anyone's radar.
yes but paramore doesn't sound anything like green day so why would they put them in the recommended if you like?

and having listened to both hey monday and paramore before, the only similarity that they have is that they both have singers that are female. other than that, they have nothing in common. so again, why would they be put in the recommended if you like?
02:13 PM on 11/28/09
karadoll
User Info.
phew good thing lol i also don't think they should ever be compared to a shitty bubblegum pop band like hey monday.
They absolutely should not be compared at all. They sound nothing alike, and the ONLY similiarity is the fact that Cass and Hayley both are females.
02:16 PM on 11/28/09
karadoll
User Info.
So what? They've gotten popular, that doesn't mean anything, other than they're both popular. They sound nothing alike at all.

How are they similar? You know, other than the fact that Cassadee and Hayley are both female.
02:23 PM on 11/28/09
James Ding
User Info.
So what? They've gotten popular, that doesn't mean anything, other than they're both popular. They sound nothing alike at all.

How are they similar? You know, other than the fact that Cassadee and Hayley are both female.
They're both pop-punk bands...

I don't see how this is complicated...

Sounding nothing alike at all would be Bob Dylan and Lady Gaga, not Green Day and Paramore.
02:28 PM on 11/28/09
James Ding
User Info.
yes but paramore doesn't sound anything like green day so why would they put them in the recommended if you like?

and having listened to both hey monday and paramore before, the only similarity that they have is that they both have singers that are female. other than that, they have nothing in common. so again, why would they be put in the recommended if you like?
If you seriously hear nothing similar in Paramore and Hey Monday at all then fair enough, I can't dispute that at all. You're entitled to your opinion. I, on the other hand, do hear similarities, and as I'm writing the review I put in my opinions.

People hear music completely differently, that's part of the beauty of it. I'm just putting bands who I think are a good fit. If you don't like them fair enough, but entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else.
02:49 PM on 11/28/09
karadoll
User Info.
They're both pop-punk bands...

I don't see how this is complicated...

Sounding nothing alike at all would be Bob Dylan and Lady Gaga, not Green Day and Paramore.
Green Day is pop-punk? o.O

No, Bob Dylan and Lady Gaga sound nothing alike. Neither do Green Day and Paramore. Similarities, please?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos