AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Paramore - Brand New Eyes Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9.25
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 8.5
Production 8
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 6.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.25
Final Verdict: 81%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.16
Musicianship 7.25
Lyrics 7.41
Production 7.66
Creativity 7.03
Lasting Value 7.06
Reviewer Tilt 7.59
Average: 75%
Inside AP.net

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

Reviewed by: TERRABITHIA (11/10/09)
Paramore - Brand New Eyes
Release Date: September 29, 2009
Record Label: Fueled By Ramen

Lights! Camera! Action! Paramore is in the spotlight again. With Riot! being the bands last release in June 2007, their new release Brand New Eyes is a highly anticipated release from them and their label Fueled by Ramen. Through Riot! we heard Paramore’s typical punk side with “in your face” songs that most Paramore fans are immune to. With the release of Brand New Eyes, we see a more sophisticated side of the band. Listening to the album, it’s obvious that singer Hayley Williams has matured dramatically through her lyrics while musically, the band delivers a more mature/laid-back overtone. But this album is what I call a “grower”. If you listen to it once, you won’t think much of it. Give it one more chance and I guarantee you that you won’t be disappointed. It will grow on you.

But hold on tightly as it begins with a bang! We are introduced to Brand New Eyes with “Careful”, a song that pumps out quick guitar crunches and progressive drum beats that provide fans with the much-needed energy and power that Paramore needed to throw at their fans in order to spread the word that they are back and have it in them to create another successful album like they did before. “Careful” will force you to nod your head in satisfaction to a good start of a new Paramore album. It is followed up by their lead single “Ignorance”, which features harder guitar riffs and cut-throat lyrics. “Where’s your gavel, your jury?/what’s my offense this time?/you’re not a judge but if you’re gonna judge me, sentence me to another life.”

Next we hear “Playing God”, a very laid back song, and it is also just right for this album. I would be surprised if this wasn’t the next single off of Brand New Eyes.

“Brick by Boring Brick”, is vocally the most emotional song on the album from Williams and backed by driving bass and loud guitars, the song is a philosophical masterpiece. If you want to know what the album cover means, pay close attention to the lyrics of this song.

If you’re a Paramore fan, this album will easily become a favorite for you. Like a lot of albums coming out lately, Brand New Eyes is not anything ground-breaking but the band has found a way to be successful without doing that. And it shows as they are now on a national tour to spread the word of this album and many of the shows are already sold out. If you’re lucky, you can retrieve a ticket to some selected performances. At the end of November, they will head overseas for their international tour.

So let’s give it up for these Tennessee rockers. Brand New Eyes is currently topping charts everywhere. They’ve succeeded with another hit album.

www.myspace.com/paramore

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
12:53 PM on 11/26/09
bobbycalwell
User Info.
So glad to see this album sounds good. I was worried they would get boring and too poppy. Can't wait to buy this.
11:58 AM on 12/09/09
Oh_Snap!:O
I exist on the best terms I can...
User Info.
this is by far their best album,Riot wasnt too different from AWKIF,seems like they´ve grow up.

btw decode can suck it lol.
08:42 PM on 02/06/10
BehcetWilliam
User Info.
Dont like this album as much as Riot it sounds to mainstream now but i do love this band they are quality
02:40 AM on 04/14/10
vale93kotor
Music Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not a bad album, but i prefer Riot....
09:37 AM on 09/15/10
PARAMORE LOVER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Win FREE tickets to the Paramore, Tegan and Sarah, New Found Glory, and Kadawatha Honda Civic Tour for San Jose, CA, San Diego, CA and Anaheim, CA!!

Enter at: Platform-1.com/kadawatha

also download Kadawathas new Song "Gonna Stay" for Free!!!!!!!!!

PARAMORE RULES I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK YOU DO!
08:43 AM on 10/25/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
so. so. so. overrated.
03:07 AM on 11/06/10
bamboozle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loved the album...! But from my opinion Riot is their best album of all time!
02:48 AM on 09/03/12
promstreet
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The prom dresses of the eighties always had extra fabric added in the design. These dresses were generally colorful and basically of darker shades. The most important thing about prom dresses during the 1980's was the usage of stunning gold, steel silver, beautiful pinks and electric blues. The gowns were really daring in their structure and quite often attracted interest at all prom parties. These gowns often touched the shins sweeping onto the floor. These body-hugging dresses had designs made of sequins or even ruffles. The kinds of fabrics used were basically lovely silks or velvets and soft satins. Lace and pearls were as well included into the design.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums