Username
Password

04:37 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
circasuicide
drowning in a kelp bed
springfield, mo.
Male - 30 Years Old
Read up on the subject before mouthing off.

your name makes me think of penny lane, which makes me think of the movie almost famous, which makes me happy.

are all irish people awesome?

yes.
04:40 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
circasuicide
drowning in a kelp bed
springfield, mo.
Male - 30 Years Old
It is literally one post above yours.

sorry, just realized. reading now.
04:40 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
pennie
GOONER
Baile Átha Cliath
Male
your name makes me think of penny lane, which makes me think of the movie almost famous, which makes me happy.

are all irish people awesome?

yes.

Haha,well I'm glad I can bring some happiness into your life. Funny story, "pennie" is actually my middle name,which was gotten from The Beatles song "penny lane" The more you know.

Also, we're an ok bunch of people alright!
04:42 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
circasuicide
drowning in a kelp bed
springfield, mo.
Male - 30 Years Old
Haha,well I'm glad I can bring some happiness into your life. Funny story, "pennie" is actually my middle name,which was gotten from The Beatles song "penny lane" The more you know.

Also, we're an ok bunch of people alright!

i'm half irish. half german. with a splash of cherokee indian.
04:49 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
i'm half irish. half german. with a splash of cherokee indian.
Mathematically impossible, good sir!
05:15 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur

But I'm aroused by the image of that conception!
05:40 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
Bay Area, CA
Male - 21 Years Old
How do they fuck over Palestine they just want to live in peace. They keep giving the Palestine more land in exchange for peace and they keep getting suicide attackers sent their way.

Wow. You do realize that the land they "keep giving" Palestinians is actually Palestinian land that they stole in the first place, right? And can you give me an example of the last time Israel ceded land to Palestine?
Also, have you heard of Israeli settlements? They're literally INSIDE Palestinian territories, they are built illegally and are expanding every day, slowly creating a network of settlements around Palestinian land, caving the Palestinians in and making their lives harder and harder. Please, shut the fuck up and educate yourself before you speak.
05:45 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
Bay Area, CA
Male - 21 Years Old
http://via.readerimpact.com/v/1/792b... 210346658c26c

A heavy read, but it gives an interesting perspective on Israel's position in the world and how it is commonly viewed.

Boo hoo. Poor Israel. They steal land and face minimal consequences for it. I'm not about to buy into a piece written by some Israeli born and raised Zionist trying to make Israel look like a victim rather than a culprit.
07:32 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male
The Jewish people have had life harder then anyone. They had Jerusalem before the Muslims were even around. They were slaved in Egypt, kicked out of Spain and killed in Germany. How can you call them evil when all they wanted it is a place to live. Once their rightful land had been restored you blame them for taking a gift that was once theirs already. They made it grow in the desert, created a society where Muslims, Jews and Christians can live in somewhat harmony. They did in 50 years what everyone else in the middle east couldn't do in 500.
07:45 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
circasuicide
drowning in a kelp bed
springfield, mo.
Male - 30 Years Old

fair enough. guess i'm not a mathmagician like you.

49% irish, 49% german, 2% cherokee indian.

100% mediocre!
07:47 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
circasuicide
drowning in a kelp bed
springfield, mo.
Male - 30 Years Old

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4235768.stm

They left behind greenhouses to be used by the Palestinians which were immediately looted.

read the article you linked. very interesting. though my opinion largely stands that israel is not to be coddled. they have done and continue to do a lot of wrong.
07:52 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
circasuicide
drowning in a kelp bed
springfield, mo.
Male - 30 Years Old
Glad you took the time.

i would also like to state for the record that i'm not saying that palestine is without blame in all of this, just that israel holds their fair share as well.
08:04 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 30 Years Old
Let’s begin with the old paradigm, which is the one that granted Israel its legitimacy in the first place. The modern state of Israel was founded, both constitutionally and in terms of the understanding of the international community, as a nation-state, the state of the Jewish people.
So, it was based on racism.
08:09 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
Bay Area, CA
Male - 21 Years Old

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4235768.stm

They left behind greenhouses to be used by the Palestinians which were immediately looted.

As quoted from the BBC article:

Quote:
Israel will retain control over the territory's air and sea space and, at least temporarily, all its borders.

The Israelis say they have to prevent militant groups smuggling in weapons but the Palestinians say that as long as Israel controls all Gaza's links with the outside world, the occupation will continue.

Yeah. Israel definitely 'ceded' that land. By the way, that was in 2005, and Israel still has control over the territory's air and sea space (hence the Flotilla attacks). Oh, and that land was already the Palestinian to begin with, Israel just occupied it militarily for 38 years and, in 2005, took back their ground forces.
08:10 PM on 08/17/10 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
Bay Area, CA
Male - 21 Years Old
So, it was based on racism.

Exactly. Zionism is racism.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives