Hamas aren't the ones committing genocide
Lol
07:28 PM on 08/06/14 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 21 Years Old
The Israeli slaughter of a people is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
07:51 PM on 08/06/14 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 30 Years Old
I do not think we can act as the moral arbiters of tactics when it comes to a colonized and oppressed people.
07:55 PM on 08/06/14 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 21 Years Old
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
11:30 AM on 08/07/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 29 Years Old
Hamas aren't the ones committing genocide
Agreed. Doesn't mean they are using the most intelligent means for their people.
11:33 AM on 08/07/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 29 Years Old
I do not think we can act as the moral arbiters of tactics when it comes to a colonized and oppressed people.
Being the victim of oppression does not make one a less intelligent human regarding their tactics. Especially when said tactics can bring about harm to civilians.

We'll disagree on this until the end of time.
04:08 PM on 08/07/14 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 30 Years Old
Being the victim of oppression does not make one a less intelligent human regarding their tactics. Especially when said tactics can bring about harm to civilians.

We'll disagree on this until the end of time.
I think you've seen me post enough times to know my comment had nothing to do with the intelligence of the resistance. The point is that, from the first world perspective, it is quite easy to have these moralistic beliefs regarding tactics. They engage in the tactics that they do because of the material conditions they have,i.e., occupation and eight years of a blockade that has essentially starved them of any meaningful resources. They do not have billions of dollars in military weaponry to take the fight to Israel. Look at any struggle against colonialism, and you will see that, historically, those densely populated areas are the arenas in which struggle takes place. First, because that is where economic centers are located, thus being a place for the coalescence of differing people who feel the material effects of oppressions; second, these are typically the places that the oppressors either administer physically or are geographically closer to. Thus, it is not the case that they're courting the deaths of their own people, but that they engage in the best places, given their limited means and strategic resources. Even if that were not the case, you are ignoring one salient point: Israel actively wants to murder Palestinians. Whether they were firing "rockets" from downtown Gaza or some faraway town, Palestinian civilians would still be punished and destroyed because that is the point. Zionism, at its heart, is expansionist and the polarisation to the right of Israel's ruling parties and its citizens have materialized in the form of a desire to wipe Palestinians out.
07:22 PM on 08/07/14 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Denver, CO
Male - 24 Years Old
The Israeli slaughter of a people is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
That's exactly what my point was too!!!!!!!!!
02:41 PM on 08/16/14 
User Info.
tkamB
Finals MVP
Bay Area
Male - 24 Years Old
03:52 PM on 09/24/14 
User Info.
tkamB
Finals MVP
Bay Area
Male - 24 Years Old
I know people have kind of gone back to ignoring this because of the ceasefire and it's out of the news but Steven Davidson, a jewish 21 year old Duke student, wrote up this incredible and moving account of his experiences in the West Bank over this past summer that I really urge everyone to read.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos