|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Shineout Libretto - 01.07.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
SHINEOUT LIBRETTO was just originally Shineout but then people got us confused with ShineDOWN. Ever heard of 'em? So we decided to tag on a word. Our bassist and I were both in music classes in college so we flipped through our books and found 'libretto' which means lyrics. BAM!
2. How did this band get started?
2 of us were in a metal band in high school while the other 2 were in a pop punk band. Both bands broke up so we decided to get together our senior year.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Taking Back Sunday, Rufio, Story of the Year, Green Day, Blink, JEW.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blink because we all love fart jokes. Story of the Year because we love to get drunk and be stupid. Jimmy Eat World so we could watch their set every night!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Bunny. It's an inside joke...
6. Why should people listen to your band?
While we truly believe every band deserves a solid listen, SL needs a listen because we actually know how to play our instruments (listen to any 10 random bands on Myspace and tell me they know what they're doing) and we have 3 part harmonies that will knock your socks off.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Sketch Hop" because each individual instrument have interesting parts. It would be easy enough for most people to play so I would say it would be MEDIUM difficulty.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The fans, our parents, especially David's dad because we practiced in his basement for 4 years.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
For labels to sign bands with integrity instead of a look or carbon-copy sound. Also, for Auto-Tune to not exist ever again. Ever.
10. Memorable tour experience?
When playing at Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio, we got a room at the Holiday Inn. It was the kind of hotel where all the rooms face each other and in the center there was the pool/hot tub and whatnot. Well, Josh decided to pull his pants down and sit on the window sill so all the passserbyers could see his white ass. A father and son saw it and trold the front desk and we got kicked out after being there for about 2 hours. We played at a Battle of the Bands later that night and we won. What was our prize? A headlining spot at the university's spring outdoor concert and A FREE HOTEL ROOM.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP was shown to me by our bassist 2 years ago and I've checked it every day since. I love it because it talks about bands that many people like myself enjoy, with the occasional headline about something random. The site has style and it has a great (sometimes predictable) community. I love it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
One of our most rocking song is a song called "Show Stopper". The name says it all.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Florida because I can never get enough of the sunshine.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
CLASSIC ROCK! That's all my parents listened to in the car. That and oldies.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to kill a yak from 50 yards away with mind bullets...
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not even close. Since we started our senior year of high school we all went to different colleges, which was difficult for us to practice and play shows. Now that we all live in Chicago, we are cracking down and practicing constantly. Big things are coming up for SL.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We have 7 drum tracks recorded for our full-length.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween. Mostly because I attended Ohio University.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write drum parts for high school drumlines, teach in the summer, running, lurk on AP.NET. haha
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can make a 3 leaf clover with my tongue.
06:19 PM on 11/14/09
one time I went to the superbowl
This is like a local columbus band AND they broke up like 5 months ago...
More From This Author