Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member

07:17 PM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
See you in the funny papers
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 30 Years Old
When they cut away from Robin last night, I did a double take because it definitely looked like she was about to mouth the word "fuck" when she closed her mouth.
08:03 PM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
yep
Columbia, SC
Male - 26 Years Old
Laughed so hard at that, mainly because Ted's dumb face lol.
07:01 PM on 04/12/12 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
That cold open ruled hard.

We are all doomed.

Just kidding, congrats!

Just looked up numbers on wikipedia (grain of salt), but it appears this show is losing viewers on a consistent weekly basis.

Regardless of that fact, this season is still doing better than any of the other seasons of HIMYM (I may or may not have a spreadsheet to back that up).
07:08 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
CIMA
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!Y ES!YES!
Manchester, England
Male - 28 Years Old
I would imagine the ratings drop due to the inconsistent schedule. Too many weeks with no new episode, causing people to probably not remember when new episodes are airing. The last few seasons, the end of the season has seen drops in ratings.
07:12 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
itsmesean0630
_________________________ __________
Male - 27 Years Old
I would imagine keeping viewers is hard when you have such an inconsistent schedule.
That was my thought exactly.
07:17 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2017 World Champions!
Brooklyn, NY
Male
I do hate these schedules. A lot of shows have these breaks though. Doesn't make it any less annoying
07:45 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
You Vandal
What she order? Fish filet.
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Could not tell if that baby at the end was animatronic or not, I have no idea what they were even talking about because I was so distracted by it. But that might just be due to my intense fear of newborns.
lol @ animatronic baby.
09:41 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
lovely864md
ask for carol, no sex stuff
Buffalo, NY
Female - 24 Years Old
lol @ animatronic baby.

They use those on TV sometimes due to restrictions on babies working! I've been super distracted by babies on TV ever since I read that.
12:49 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
I had another HIMYM type dream last night. Somehow I was Ted though and when I saw my wife, I ran over and hugged her, and started crying.

I am so emotionally fucked up.
01:24 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
josepablo32
Somos libres carajo!
Monterrey, NL
Male - 24 Years Old
I had another HIMYM type dream last night. Somehow I was Ted though and when I saw my wife, I ran over and hugged her, and started crying.

I am so emotionally fucked up.
Who was the wife?
01:40 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old

Not anyone famous or that I immediately recognized as someone from my actual life. I guess that's kinda weird that even though I really had no actual memory of this person or real connection, I still recognized who they were and had a strong reaction based on that.

Analyse away people, analyse away.
10:49 PM on 04/14/12 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male
Fun episode. I enjoyed it. I was afraid they'd go overboard with the Star Wars and it might draw away from the plot, but it turned out okay.

And I lol'd at "And remember: Han shot first!"

Don't get why it matters. It's already renewed for an eighth season that's highly speculated to be the last.
Congrats on the upgrade to mod!
10:55 PM on 04/14/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
See you in the funny papers
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 30 Years Old
Some interesting info from Carter Bays on this year's finale:

‘HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER’: ITS ODD ‘BREAKING BAD’ CONNECTION
What on Earth could How I Met Your Mother have in common with Breaking Bad? A lot, hopes executive producer — and self-described “big fan” of the show — Carter Bays.

“I think that’s on a whole other level and it’s incredible. And what I like about this [past] season especially was that you didn’t really realize the journey you were watching until the last episode. And I feel like this season, we [also] aimed for that,” he says. “Who knows if we hit that mark, but there’s a journey that’s been going on, especially for Ted. And I think it’s been a little subtle this season, but it resolves nicely at the end of the finale.” Don’t worry, he assures, half of Ted’s face doesn’t get blown off. But our minds, however, will be blown.

“We sort of return to the bookend nature of the wedding. That comes in half way through the finale. We return to the future wedding,” he says. “The finale was initially conceived as two episodes, and we put them together because we felt there’s a nice flow to it.” And just as many surprises as when we first saw it.

“It goes to some interesting places. There are some surprises that pop up over the course of the hour. Some old faces reappear, some new faces appear — and some things will be irrevocably changed on the show.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/13/ho...ones-spoilers/
05:41 AM on 04/15/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
www.dopeshithappens.com
Oh shit, if they go full Breaking Bad, that means Ted poisons Marshall and Lily's baby.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos