Password
This Thread is Closed.

11:43 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
CA
Female - 24 Years Old
probably the worst epsidoe of the season, only laughed twice.

This concerns me, since we usually laugh at the same things with this show. And now I have to watch it.

EDIT: Really disappointed. This didn't fuel the plot, or provide comic insight to other relationships. Bummer.
11:56 PM on 04/12/10 
User Info.
kaycey
shut up girlfriends from the past.
Fort St. John, BC
Male - 24 Years Old
Unfortunately, no. There is no new episode on April 26th.

107 (19) "Zoo or False" -April 12, 2010
108 (20) "Home Wreckers" -April 19, 2010
109 (21) "Twin Beds" -May 3, 2010
110 (22) "Robots Versus Wrestlers" -May 10, 2010
is this is the final season?
01:19 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
lesto17
Richmond, VA
Male - 27 Years Old
is this is the final season?

Nope. The show was picked up for a 6th season not too terribly long ago. Plus, from what I have seen, it seems like the show only continues to get more and more popular.

-On a completely unrelated not, the press release/synopsis for "Twin Beds" is intriguing.

Edit: For anyone that wants to read it, just go to the HIMYM Season 5 Wikipedia page. The links are in the footnotes.
01:24 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
lesto17
Richmond, VA
Male - 27 Years Old
fun episode, fuck plot development, that's all people ever talk about in this thread anymore

As others have already noted, I feel like one of the big reasons that people seem to be getting more hung up on plot development, more-so this season than any previous season, is because of the irregular schedule. When you have to keep waiting for a new episode for multiple weeks it feels like there should be some big payoff. I'm not saying that this attitude is necessarily justifiable, and is definitely not how I feel personally, but I do think that this is part of the issue.
01:39 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
Brisbane, QLD
Male - 24 Years Old
Nope. The show was picked up for a 6th season not too terribly long ago. Plus, from what I have seen, it seems like the show only continues to get more and more popular.

-On a completely unrelated not, the press release/synopsis for "Twin Beds" is intriguing.

Edit: For anyone that wants to read it, just go to the HIMYM Season 5 Wikipedia page. The links are in the footnotes.

Firstly, that concerns me (the twin beds synopsis) but it also makes sense to what I think this entire seasons about. We haven't seen much growth at all, but it makes me feel like it's all a build up to something, the Narrator Ted is building up to something or trying to put off telling a story because he's worried that without the correct groundwork it will sound bad or cast him in a bad light.

Plus, it's not the first time he's talked about other people incessantly as a build up to his own stories. Normally it just takes place over one or two episodes.

I think until I can watch this season in its entirety on DVD I won't appreciate it properly, but also there have only been 4 or 5 episodes that really progress the story in any way. So either they better bring it in the next few episodes or we need some serious shocks at the end. At least much better than season 4's ending, The Leap was a great episode but not a season Finale.

EDIT: also, much excitement about next weeks episode. Mostly because of this: 10 year Old Marshall................ Koby Rouviere; Marshall flashbacks are hilarious
08:58 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
alboneceleste
Nothings Irreversible!
Alexandria, VA
Female - 33 Years Old
I need a screen cap (or multiple) of that monkey. Barney's story. When he gets the banana back to him and has a smile on his face, just classic... hilarious
09:01 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
SamuelJLast
Fuck Ed
Ipswich, UK
Male - 28 Years Old

I laughed so hard at this
09:08 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
MADSTA
~
Halifax
Female - 24 Years Old
I only really chuckled a few times. Not a bad episode, but not very good either.
The best part was the return of the belt.
09:44 AM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
wrppdarndyrfngr
Ryan Adams > You
Kansas City
Male - 28 Years Old
Robin in the one dress at the bar? Wowza

hell yes. she was lookn' good.
12:15 PM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
ActorInThisPlay
so sexy it hurts...
Sherman Oaks, CA
Male - 30 Years Old
episode was good as usual but I, like many, were probably just looking for more after this long break they just had. The horrible schedule is really messing up the show.
12:26 PM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Lol at King Kong.
12:36 PM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 29 Years Old
Staff Member
I think I laughed hardest at Marshall punching out Lily at Halloween, and the return of the Three-Way Championship Belt.
01:01 PM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
I think I laughed hardest at Marshall punching out Lily at Halloween, and the return of the Three-Way Championship Belt.
The casual slap in bed had me laughing harder than the punch.
01:11 PM on 04/13/10 
User Info.
happygilmoreat
Toronto
Male - 28 Years Old
probably the worst epsidoe of the season, only laughed twice.

Yeah I didn't think it was very good at all.
01:03 PM on 04/14/10 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
Quote:
How I Met Your Mother in a sad slump

by: Tom Jicha April 13th, 2010 | 3:48 PM

Something funny happened at the end of Monday’s episode of “How I Met Your Mother.” A monkey grabbed a prize doll and climbed to the top of a scaled-down model of the Empire State Building, ala King Kong.

This is noteworthy because it’s become few and far between for funny scenes on this once hilarious series. Even last night’s episode seemed like a 29-minute buildup to one amusing idea.

Take out the brilliant Neil Patrick Harris’ contributions and there would be almost nothing to smile about this season. This is why the focus has shifted almost entirely from Ted’s pursuit of the woman who will become the mother of his children to all things Barney.

Fans–more appropriately former fans–have noticed. Ratings have been dropping steadily. “HIMYM” is now the least watched of CBS’s Monday comedy block. This includes “Rules of Engagement,” which CBS has relegated to midseason fill-in duty the past few seasons.

The preliminary Nielsen numbers for Monday were about 6.9 million viewers for “HIMYM,” 7.4 million for “Rules of Engagement.”
More significantly, “HIMYM” was down 22 percent from its last original episode in the crucial 18-49 demo.

The show is in no danger of cancellation right now but don’t rule out the possibility of it being shifted next season to a less advantageous time slot, such as the first hour of Wednesday.

A sign of the creative slump in the writers’ room is a report that one storyline being considered will have Marshall and Lily becoming parents next season. Weddings and births are the last gasp gambits of once popular shows. Remember “Mad About You”?

This is almost a tacit admission that no one cares any more how Ted meets his kids’ mother or who it turns out to be. That happens when you repeatedly tease then don’t deliver.

I say all this as a long-time fan, who has caught almost every episode during the show’s run. Alas, it seems to have run out of funny.

Anyone else out there share this feeling?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/tv/201...sad-slump.html

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version