Username
Password
Warner Brothers News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warner Brothers
Inside AP.net

Slayer Press Release

Posted by: Frank Giaramita (06/11/06)
Below is the official press release for Slayer's forthcoming album, Christ Allusion, which is slated to hit shelves on August 8th.
Slayer Press Release For New Album"Christ Illusion" has been confirmed as the title of the new Slayer album, it has been announced, and the CD's release date is now confirmed for August 8, 2006.

"Christ Illusion" is Slayer's first new studio album since 2001, and the first recorded by the band's original line-up - Kerry King/guitars; Tom Araya/bass, vocals; Jeff Hanneman/guitars; Dave Lombardo/drums - since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss." "Christ Illusion" was produced by Josh Abraham and executive produced by Rick Rubin, and will be released on Slayer's long-time label, Rubin's American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records.

"Christ Illusion" deals with familiar Slayer themes - god, religion, hate, and war. Song titles are "Flesh Storm," "Catalyst," "Eyes of the Insane," "Jihad," "Skeleton Christ," "Consfearacy," "Black Serenade," " Catatonic," "Cult," and "Supremist." According to Araya, "No one is going to be disappointed, it's going to blow everybody away. It's fast, heavy, and maybe faster than anything we've done before."

"It's a good mix of fast, brutal music and slower moodier stuff, it's pretty intense," added King. "It sounds like a damn Slayer record."

A core player in Slayer's history has also rejoined the team for the "Christ Illusion" project. Larry Carroll, who did the cover artwork for "Reign in Blood," "South of Heaven," and "Seasons In the Abyss," has painted an original piece for the "Christ Illusion" cover. Working only from the song titles and early lyrics, Carroll has produced a classic Slayer masterpiece - a portrait of the Christ - whose forearms have been chopped off - standing in an ocean of blood surrounded by floating, decapitated heads. Carroll created the painting on a 4-by-4-foot slab of wood using a combination of mediums. King already has placed dibs on ownership of the original wooden canvas.

Slayer will headline this summer's six-week-plus "Unholy Alliance Tour: Preaching To The Perverted," which features Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Mastodon, and Thine Eyes Bleed, and kicks off at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ next Thursday, June 15.

Submitted by xalexislegendx

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13.
07:18 AM on 06/11/06
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I do enjoy me some Slayer, but man that is a badly written press release. Then again, what do you really say about a band that just sort of holds true and stays the same album after album?

This is going to be badass.
07:41 AM on 06/11/06
maledixtion
<3 Linda Ferreira
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they were planning on putting out an album this year, why the hell couldn't they have scheduled it for 6/6/06? It's National Slayer Day for christ sake.
07:54 AM on 06/11/06
cooltoy
User Info.
Yea they should have realized that shit back in January and kicked it into gear to get it out last tuesday.
08:24 AM on 06/11/06
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
Originally Posted by maledixtion
If they were planning on putting out an album this year, why the hell couldn't they have scheduled it for 6/6/06? It's National Slayer Day for christ sake.

they released an "EP" that day. it's just one track though, "Cult", and a bunch of behind the scenes/in the studio video clips.
09:05 AM on 06/11/06
Lars
the cake is a lie
User Info.
I'm sure stores will mask the artwork, or won't sell it at all.
09:46 AM on 06/11/06
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Originally Posted by Lars
I'm sure stores will mask the artwork, or won't sell it at all.

Yeah, that artwork seems a little....heh. What strikes me about it is that it's not even death/black metal...I'm not sure I can take these guys seriously when I can hear all the lyrics and they're just...bullshit.
10:48 AM on 06/11/06
Smithers
with all due respect, ask around.
User Info.
Originally Posted by maledixtion

i was thinking the same. did they play a show on that date? if i was a satan loving death metal band, i would have had the sickest show ever on that night. in my band's home state. slayer, cannibal corpse, emperor, and obituary would be a nice lineup.
11:00 AM on 06/11/06
_all_star_me_
User Info.
Originally Posted by Roboman
Yeah, that artwork seems a little....heh. What strikes me about it is that it's not even death/black metal...I'm not sure I can take these guys seriously when I can hear all the lyrics and they're just...bullshit.

thats funny you say that. i was reading this book by this church youth minister who has a radio station, and he went on a tour with slayer with them, and interviewed them throughout, and when asked about their belief's, they plead the fifth.
11:43 AM on 06/11/06
DroppedUrPocket
boom
User Info.
\m/ the new sampler sounds good.
12:03 PM on 06/11/06
mikearduini9
---
User Info.
Originally Posted by Roboman

I'm certainly not one to categorize or set genre's, but i'd say they're neither death or black metal... they're just fucking Slayer, thats all that needs to be said, and the lyrics are far from bullshit, again, it's Slayer. I love Slayer and I am looking forward to this release.
12:58 PM on 06/11/06
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Originally Posted by mikearduini9
I'm certainly not one to categorize or set genre's, but i'd say they're neither death or black metal... they're just fucking Slayer, thats all that needs to be said, and the lyrics are far from bullshit, again, it's Slayer. I love Slayer and I am looking forward to this release.

That's what I was saying...I meant that since I can actually hear the words very clearly, I find it hard to take them seriously. The musicianship may be there, but the lyrical material is almost laughable to me.
02:38 PM on 06/11/06
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Originally Posted by Frank Giaramita

"Christ Illusion" deals with familiar Slayer themes - god, religion, hate, and war. Song titles are "Flesh Storm," "Catalyst," "Eyes of the Insane," "Jihad," "Skeleton Christ," "Consfearacy," "Black Serenade," " Catatonic," "Cult," and "Supremist." According to Araya, "No one is going to be disappointed, it's going to blow everybody away. It's fast, heavy, and maybe faster than anything we've done before."

Submitted by xalexislegendx

New Found Glory cover possibly??? harhar...Yeah I just can't take Slayer's lyrics. It's so sad.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS